WOIN NOW: How much ammo is expended during suppressive fire by a firearm with the auto trait?

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
I know some folks have home-ruled an answer to this specific question themselves:
Grant an extra +1D6 of cover to an ally when using suppressive fire by spending 10 rounds,
However I was wondering if there is an "official" answer to this question. Would it be a fixed number of ammo rounds or a percentage of a magazine? I would think it needs to have >1 ammo round remaining in order for the auto trait to provide it's special extra +1d6 of cover when used for suppressive fire, otherwise it would be no different than a firearm without the auto or single traits.

Suskeyhose

Explorer
So the rules for ammunition provided in Eons 55 - Game Modes, provide the way ammunition is meant to be tracked in WOiN games.
Ammunition in those rules are not individual rounds, but rather an abstract concept of how much you have left, represented by a countdown pool rolled at the end of combats. Those rules specify that you discard one dice of ammunition for suppressive fire. This accounts for the fact that while you may use more rounds with an auto weapon, you also buy more when stocking up.
Standard rules in the game without those alternate rules is to simply not track ammunition. If you have a houserule for tracking ammunition more precisely, you will need to invent your own ruling for suppressive fire.
Personally I would think the only time this matters much is when you're using special ammo, in which case I'd just say an auto weapon simply expends all the currently loaded special ammunition every time you use suppressive fire or the cone attack.

Remove ads