• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E NPC Codex 5E Product Request to the universe

marv

Explorer
The one key book I’m missing to help DM 5E is a solid NPC Codex, in a similar vain as the PF1 NPC Codex. I need a verity of NPC types of different levels and set of skills, items, spells, etc. In one LARGE volume so I don’t need to reference multiple books to find the NPC I’m looking for.

None of the NPC products on DMSGuild adequately scratches my itch on this topic, as they tend to be short and focus on type of NPC. And the NPCs in the appendixes of the MM, VGtM, ToB, and CC are too short and spread out. Oh and I also need this product to utilizes spells, feats, races and magic items, etc. from XGtE, TCoE and the MHH. Also, the appendices of ToB and CC don’t even utilize what’s in the MHH and the ToB2 has no NPC appendix at all!

I realize this product could never exist since you can’t put Kobold Press Material on the DMSGuild, so maybe I’m asking for two products (the other would need to be made by Kobold Press).

I can’t be the only DM with this itch. Am I? Why does no such product exit by WoTC, Kobold Press, or the DMSGuild?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I feel like I've seen a dozen or so such books on Kickstarter over the past couple of years. I didn't back any of them myself, sadly, so I can't recall who they were by. But we did produce Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters, which isn't generic NPCs but specific legendary ones from real world myths, but they're easily renamed and contain lots of archetypes.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's this one.

And this one.

And this one.

I haven't seen any of them so I can't comment on their quality.

And of course our own:

marv

Explorer
There's this one.

There's this one.

And this one.

And this one.

I haven't seen any of them so I can't comment on their quality.

And of course our own:

Thank you for these Morris, you rock! I wish they included XGtE and TCoE (which of course would mean DMSGuid published). I’ll check these in more detail.

Remove ads