• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NYC Wednesday night D&D 3.5 campaign

Orc_Courtesy

First Post
A new weekly campaign is starting up & looking for players!

GAME INFO:
D&D 3.5 rules, beginning with 1st level characters built using 28 points & the SRD. The campaign will be set in Greyhawk & will draw from the Age of Worms adventures in Dragon. The plan is to meet every Wednesday night in the neighborhood of 105th & Broadway.

PLAYER INFO:
We have three players so far, one of whom will be the primary DM (open to other DMs taking over for irregular side treks). We're all in our mid-to-late 30s, and compete amongst our crotchety selves over who's been playing D&D longest. Two of us have written for and/or illustrated some d20 stuff. More important than our nerd credentials, though, is that we're all easy to get along with and committed to creating an experience that's fun for everyone; this is what we're looking for in players.

GAME STYLE:
The goal is to combine the tactical sophistication, elegant complexity, and open-ended possibilties of 3.5 with the old-school spirit of high adventure. You don't necessarily need to have spent long hours in smoky basements listening to "Battle of Evermore" and "Sweet Leaf" while daydreaming over the picture of Emirkol the Chaotic in the Dungeon Master's Guide, but you have to be tolerant of those still prone to do so. Roleplaying, humor, and problem-solving are all valued; we're game-players and story-tellers, not military simulationists or an amateur dramatics society.

Post here or drop me a PM if you're interested!

matthewajg

First Post
I would be very interested in joining your game. I, too, am in my early 30's and I have been playing D&D for about 17 years. For the past several years, I have worked professionally as a college professor, freelance designer, and a myriad of other jobs. Currently, I am a freelance editor for Dog Soul Publishing where I edit mainly d20 stuff and fantasy prose. Are you folks planning on starting this week, as in tomorrow? Let me know if you'd like my company. Feel free to contact me at: matthewajg@hotmail.com

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads