Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer

Wait, Maul survived? I might need that flowchart.

Yes, and the upper half of his body is now attached to a spider droid for the lower half, and that seemed to make him even more dangerous. He also led a coup on Mandalore, or something like that, after his apparent death in the movies.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
looks fantastic, though I am sure obi wan will be torn down and made irrelevant by a mary sue.
Angry Lebron James GIF by Bleacher Report

drmundo

Villager
It shouldn't be that confusing for you, look at how Han Solo turned from a General to a bumbling old man whos ship was fixed by Rey in an instant. Or how Luke Skywalker turned from a Jedi to a crazy old lonely bitter man, completely out of character. They tore down the old characters to make the way for Rey, a Mary Sue who can do everything perfectly and defeating anyone, any sith in her way. Its all the rage nowadays, to promote "the message".

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am wondering how these Inquisitors will tie into the Inquisitors from the Rebels series. That is set about 5 years after when this takes place, unless this show covers more than one set point in the time line.

I would not be at all surprised if this covers a large span of the time between the Prequels and the Original Trilogy.

And since Maul is still actively searching for Obi-Wan's location in Rebels, the Inquisitors working for him would have to be different from these, since the ones in this show surviving to go back to Maul would throw off the Rebels time line.

Not necessarily - some of those shots look like they weren't on Tatooine. If they do something out there (hunting down Jedi, or the like) that Kenobi feels compelled to involve himself in (like the voice-over suggests), and he leaves the planet for a while to have an adventure, these Inquisitors can encounter him, survive that adventure and report back, but not be able to give Maul a location. At the end, Maul is still looking for him.

But, if this show does move time forward, maybe we see the final Obi-Wan/Maul battle in live-action

Yeah, but... it is a pretty short battle.

...which would also mean a first look at a younger version of live-action Ezra Bridger, before the current-time version appears in the Ahsoka show.

I believe that's called a "hook". They are not above using those.

It's the story I was most hoping to see put to screen that's outside the films.
Same here. Or at least it's the chunk of character arc real estate I most want to see developed combined with an actor I really want to see return to a role. The necessities of wrapping up Episode III in a way that set everything where it was at the opening of Episode IV left us with the impression that Kenobi went straight from Jedi Warrior in his prime who jet sets around the galaxy and regularly solos whole rooms of enemies with a devil-may-care gleam in his eye to desert hermit-monk who's only mission is 20 years of vaguely keeping an eye on a kid who never meets him. You have to assume he got out and stretched his legs with some adventure off and on during that time, but the movies leave no real sense of what that may look like.

MarkB

Legend
I am wondering how these Inquisitors will tie into the Inquisitors from the Rebels series. That is set about 5 years after when this takes place, unless this show covers more than one set point in the time line. And since Maul is still actively searching for Obi-Wan's location in Rebels, the Inquisitors working for him would have to be different from these, since the ones in this show surviving to go back to Maul would throw off the Rebels time line. But, if this show does move time forward, maybe we see the final Obi-Wan/Maul battle in live-action, which would also mean a first look at a younger version of live-action Ezra Bridger, before the current-time version appears in the Ahsoka show.
Do we have anything in canon from this time period saying that Maul was leading the inquisitors at this time? He's running Black Sun at the time of Solo, and a renegade hunted by the Inquisitors when we first meet him in Rebels.

Remove ads