Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer

qstor

Adventurer
First time I'm cautiously excited for anything Star Wars since watching the original movies.
Full disclosure I have not seen 7-9, Solo or the Mando.
Mando is awesome.

Kenobi looks awesome too. I'm glad they're using the Inquisitors. I wonder if James Earl Jones recorded anything for the show.

Dire Bare

Legend
Wait, Maul survived? I might need that flowchart.
What, he was only cut in half at the waist. ;)

Maul was resurrected by Sith sorcery in the "Clone Wars" and became a major antagonist in that show, and also in "Rebels" and "Solo". He got robot legs, which sounds dumb, but it ended up being super cool. He does meet his final fate in a duel with Obi-Wan on Tatooine, set after the upcoming Obi-Wan show.

Dire Bare

Legend
It's the Boba Fett Corollary-

If you kill off an awesome character in an unsatisfying fashion, s/he's probably not dead.
Boba Fett's demise was very unsatisfactory.

But not Maul's. His screentime was too short, but his battle against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in The Phantom Menace was some of the best Star Wars ever done, including his two pieces falling down that shaft.

We needed more Boba Fett AND we were upset over how the Sarlaac ate him. Maul got a good ending, but we still needed more Maul because he was so menacing and cool. Irony is, IMO, the resurrected Maul ended up a very different character once fleshed out in "Clone Wars" and "Rebels". Still awesome, but not quite the savage, mysterious, menacing Sith Lord from The Phantom Menace.

Dire Bare

Legend
I'm gonna need another flowchart...
I know you're kinda joking here, but let me nerdsplain . . . .

I'm assuming you are familiar with Captain Phasma, the First Order officer in silver stormtrooper armor from the sequel movies.

Omega is a clone introduced in "The Bad Batch" animated series. She's a young girl who is a "special" clone in ways not fully revealed yet. She sees the writing on the wall as the Empire takes over the Kaminoan cloning facilities, develops a hero worship crush on the "Bad Batch" (Clone Force 99), and ends up saving them, being adopted by them, becoming a part of the group.

There is no canon relationship between Omega and Phasma, to the best of my knowledge. Then again, I don't follow the comics or novels very closely.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Omega is a clone introduced in "The Bad Batch" animated series. She's a young girl who is a "special" clone in ways not fully revealed yet. She sees the writing on the wall as the Empire takes over the Kaminoan cloning facilities, develops a hero worship crush on the "Bad Batch" (Clone Force 99), and ends up saving them, being adopted by them, becoming a part of the group.
You kinda bury the lede here, but she is special like Boba is, except she is female. So she's Boba Fett's "sister," from a certain point of view.

Dire Bare

Legend
You kinda bury the lede here, but she is special like Boba is, except she is female. So she's Boba Fett's "sister," from a certain point of view.
It was my second factoid after "she's a clone". Anyway . . . maybe. Boba Fett is a special clone because Jango asked for him to be created without any of the special conditioning normal Republic clone troopers got. Boba Fett was a clone of Jango, but more "normal" than the other clones.

Omega is special . . . we don't know how yet. We don't even know if she's cloned from Jango Fett's DNA, she certainly doesn't look like any of the other clones, even beyond differing in gender. She's very skilled for such a young person, seemingly moreso due to her specialness than any training she might have received. But she's still mostly a cypher at this point.

That is . . . unless I'm missing something from the comics or novels. Or forgetting something from "The Bad Batch".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases