Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer

MarkB

Legend
Boba Fett's demise was very unsatisfactory.

But not Maul's. His screentime was too short, but his battle against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in The Phantom Menace was some of the best Star Wars ever done, including his two pieces falling down that shaft.

We needed more Boba Fett AND we were upset over how the Sarlaac ate him. Maul got a good ending, but we still needed more Maul because he was so menacing and cool. Irony is, IMO, the resurrected Maul ended up a very different character once fleshed out in "Clone Wars" and "Rebels". Still awesome, but not quite the savage, mysterious, menacing Sith Lord from The Phantom Menace.
And then there's Palpatine, who was definitely not killed off too soon or in an unsatisfactory fashion, and nobody was wishing to see more of, but we got him anyway.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
And then there's Palpatine, who was definitely not killed off too soon or in an unsatisfactory fashion, and nobody was wishing to see more of, but we got him anyway.
They didnt have to bring Palpatine back as a zombie they could have just made him a sith force ghost that warped Ben Solo's mind.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I guess we should all gird ourselves for the onslaught of Mandalorian/Back to the Future/Rick & Morty memes.

I guess we should all gird ourselves for the onslaught of Mandalorian/Back to the Future/Rick & Morty memes.

The amount of these will likely depend on whether his character is recognizably him or if it will be motion-capture and just his voice. Also, don't forget he has already played a Klingon, so he gets to join that exclusive club of actors who appeared in both franchises.

MarkB

Legend
I saw the first of them before I even heard about the casting. I assumed it was just the usual looking for the obvious pun.

They didnt have to bring Palpatine back as a zombie they could have just made him a sith force ghost that warped Ben Solo's mind.
Honestly, the last movie would have worked if they had done better at coordinating the setup in Force Awakens and Last Jedi. Imagine if the second movie took some time to foreshadow Palpatine.... It was the abruptness of the reveal in RoS as well as the tonal inconsistency in TLJ that threw everything off, the fact that insider info indicated that there was no proper coordination on the films' story arc, which created the disconnect. There's also the issue of J.J. Abram's directing style, but that's another bag of cats.

Either way, my first thought on seeing the Obi-Wan trailer was, "they are really getting a lot of mileage out of the Tatooine sets," but then they cut away from the desert, and all the Sith Inquisitor and exotic locations following that left me very excited for this. I mean....my favorite part of the Book of Boba Fett, of all things, was watching Mandalorian casually get some business done on an exotic ring station. I want to see more of that stuff! And it looks like Obi-Wan will deliver.

Remove ads