D&D 5E Obojima: Tales from the Tall Grass

darjr

I crit!
Sorry for the aside. I've seen one piece of artwork from a teased R. Talsorian game. I didn't know it would be Ghibli-esque. Is there a place for more information on the game besides that one teaser image?

There was a second sneak peak.
A second sneak peak has been dropped.

The First World: Nakatsukuni
It’s hard to believe this is where it all started. Looking at the peaceful streets and the vibrant life it’s hard to imagine a time when this world was burning away to oblivion. To imagine great armies of humans and spirits waging a hopeless war against a corrupted deity employing once-peaceful creatures, twisted into a horde of mindless monsters, to collect souls for a traitorous Afterlife.

agrayday

Explorer
just my impression of the first art piece being "similar" to Ghibli style. The list i put together runs a gamut of Zelda like to Ghibli to Anime.

We should remember a point. This setting is closer to a life/farm simulation than a classic dungeon-crawler. This is more about living in a magic land to be explored than facing hordes of monsters. If this was adapted into a videogame, it would be a shop-keeper or a farm sim before a hack'slash.

We should remember a point. This setting is closer to a life/farm simulation than a classic dungeon-crawler. This is more about living in a magic land to be explored than facing hordes of monsters. If this was adapted into a videogame, it would be a shop-keeper or a farm sim before a hack'slash.
Given one of the stated inspirations is Breath of the Wild, I presume it'll be a ratio leaning moderately towards non-combat activities. The east coast that's being consumed by "The Corruption' will likely be the dedicated "combat zone" you can actively seek out, but you'll probably want to stay armed wherever you go... DM depending, of course.

Remove ads