• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obryn's Playtest Report

deadwor1d

First Post
Kinda? Appealing as the feature is, it's hard to do that when he has no components and no money for components. The second go-round, some party members gave him some money for potions, but not the first.
-O

That's where you come in. With the help of the priest player. Priest player says something like, "Ok. So I need components for my potions. I'd like to scrounge about the area (or the countryside) and see what I can come up with for making potions of healing."

Then you determine the chance for success based on what you know or can extrapolate about the region/dungeon, etc. A trip to "town" might turn up an herbalist, and so on. The priest makes his or her skill roll or buys the required materials from the herbalist and then starts brewing.

Without looking at the rules for it, you could rule that finding the materials (provided vials are at hand) will mitigate some of that 25 gp cost.

So the core idea for more healing is there. All that's needed is a but more focus on it in game, during rests or trips to town or what-have-you.

deadwor1d

First Post
Oh, absolutely. The halfling found 10gp worth of ingredients outside the Kobold Cave. That wasn't enough for another. :) We only played for about 3 hours or so.

-O

3 hours??? By closed playtest reports, that's like 175 encounters! Ok, hyperbole for the fail. >.>

Remove ads