Off to War - Duet (Lora)

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora finished her breakfast and thought about the recent events and how her situation had developed. It seemed that Lord Vir had heard what he wanted to hear and not what she had said - the girl would stay, but only if Arthur was safe here with her, and not off somewhere swinging that stupid sword of his. First in order was her going and talking to Skazul, and perhaps reading up on his magic. Was his way of casting Arcane spells different than Mirellas'? Was there more to being a Witch than Lora thought? She had to find out.

"Off to the books then." she mumbled to herself in the empty hall. Vance would know she is staying either way, around this place news traveled faster than Lora could run.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Lora makes her way to the library eager to once again be studying the art of magic. She almost smiles when she thinks of the mysteries she may yet uncover or the secrets she could learn.

It takes the young witch a few log moments to convey to Skazul what it is she is doing there and what it is she wishes to do. The absent-minded wizard just nods his head and points to the stacks of books and papers.

"Please go ahead and search for whatever you wish I will help if I can. But you will need to cast a spell to read the magic for yourself." he says before lapsing again into a stupor.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora cast Read Magic dutifully, as she was used to adhering to the guidance of her tutor. Magister Dixit was almost an axiom for the girl, as one does not wish to see an angered Mirella.

She began sorting trough the dusty tomes, her arms not as frail as they seemed, she nimbly retrieved a thick grimouire from the shelf, paged trough it, then carefully placed it back as to not offend Skazul. Information on Witchcraft was what she was after, and how it differed from regular Wizardry. If the odd scroll would pop up, she would stack it in a pile to later examine with Skazul.

As she worked, the girl's mind was at ease - although frivolous and bossy, the girl found reading and organizing her magical studies to be the most calming of activities. Thoughts of Vance returned to her mind and made her blush when she remembered the rumors, but those were quickly crushed beneath the weight of yet more interesting books.

"Master Skazul you have a priceless collection here." the girl admitted with poorly hidden astonishment in her voice. "Perhaps If you deem me worthy, you would allow me to copy some of the easier to cast magical spells from your own spellbook?"

She dared to ask, but unlike food and sensual pleasures, Lora hungered for magic and knowledge.

[sblock]Not sure If I rearranged her spells this morning but it it safe to assume that with a big day of reading she'd prepare at least two Read Magics[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Umm... that would be a no :confused:

Myth and Legend said:
Spell selection for today:

0 level: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Detect Magic x 2
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, True Strike, Benign Transposition
2 level: Glitterdust, Cloud of Bewilderment, Ray of Stupidity

I have been waiting a long time for you to realize that. And the post to go with it (I pictured it as the young girl berating herself, with no one else around to yell at, LOL :p) Do you wish to change the above post? [/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock] Well this was composed a long time ago, plus I didn't know she'd have to read that much. She'll just go to her room and rest for 8 hours to re-prepare her spells then, and come back in the early afternoon to the library.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock]Yes essenitally, she'll berate herself, go back, do some meditation and return to the library. I'll rp this out if you're OK with it.[/sblock]

Remove ads