D&D 5E Official Adventures starting at level 5?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Curse of Strahd: easily, can be started at 5. Excellent adventure. Barovia isn't linked to the Sword Coast open world.

I second Curse of Strahd. It's not linked to ANYWHERE, as it's on an independent demi-plane which can be entered from anywhere. And Halloween is coming up - perfect adventure for that!

Which a bard, sorcerer, warlock or wizard can all know. As a 1st level divination ritual. Importantly the crab can be reasoned with.

My point why just saying heavy roleplaying is extremely unhelpful is because it gives us no idea what type of game they like. Is it swashbuckling adventures? Is it desert survival? Is it X?

It's a start. When confronted with so many options, you need to find a way to start narrowing it down.

As for Comprehend Languages, "can have it" is not the same as likely to have it, and it's actually an extremely unlikely choice for a sorcerer or non-ritual casting warlock, and not every party has a wizard.

Just give the Crab telepathy.
You could have it speak common. But, when you are trying to narrow down a large number of options you can start by throwing out those that require modification in order to suit the party's preferences.

I could quite easily mod Hidden Shrine to suit a role play group. I would have them accompanied by an eccentric NPC archaeologist who would be both helpful and lead the players into danger for a start. But, unless there is some other reason to play it (e.g. you already own it) then there are quite a few more inherently role play heavy options to look at first.

Last edited:

Remove ads