D&D 5E Official Power Rangers 5th Edition D&D RPG in the Works

Aldarc

Legend
Power Rangers: Dragon Force with Rangers using the classic color associations of D&D dragons seems like some obvious D&D crossover potential to me.
I think the obvious crossover would be the MtG color wheel with Tiamat and the chromatic dragons. It doesn't have to correspond perfectly, but all the colors are right there!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I think the obvious crossover would be the MtG color wheel with Tiamat and the chromatic dragons. It doesn't have to correspond perfectly, but all the colors are right there!
That sound you just heard was a Hasbro executive fainting from the sudden rush of blood away from their brain. :)

I wonder about if it will use 100% 5th Ed or a variant of d20. Could the monsters be used without changes in a D&D game? How should be the XP reward when the PCs drive the zords to defeat the monster of the week when this has become a giant daikaiju again? Could a megazord to kill a Tarrasque? What if the monsters of Power Rangers Mystic Force would invade a D&D world?

And what if any member of the fandom wants to create a crossover Power Rangers/Transformers, or a Power Rangers/Transformers/Spelljammer?

GreenTengu

Adventurer
I wonder how they will implement the whole aspect about the colors usually reflecting the personalities.

Red is generally the leader
Black is generally the overall best but tends to be a loner and destined for a dark fate
Pink is the stereotypical girl and considered the heart/caretaker
Blue is usually the cool boy who is attrative/popular/famous in his civilian form
Yellow is either the muscle or the athletic girl who is way more popular with fans
Green tends to be the nerdy/techie kid of the team
White is pure-hearted and royal and the only other color to sometimes be leader
Teal was a secondary girl character color until Yellow got that role
Metallic colors are aliens or the mentor character or otherwise way more experienced and powerful than the rest of the team and doesn't want to work with them regularly
Purple is usually a bad guy color for a Ranger-like villain and only in recent seasons got a redemption story
Orange is reserved for joke characters who tend to be comedy relief that gets powers for just 1 episode

Of course-- the original 3 seasons of the American Power Ranger show which everyone in the U.S. knows well didn't assign them in the same way as the original sentai show did even if later seasons did. In fact, they seemed to assign the colors primarily based on the characters skin colors.

Remove ads