Official Wheel of Time Trailer Released [No Spoilers Please]

TheSword

Legend
It’s been out for a couple of days but just watched it, and I don’t think anyone has posted it yet. What are people’s thoughts. Does it make more sense to fresh eyes than the teaser?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It’s been out for a couple of days but just watched it, and I don’t think anyone has posted it yet. What are people’s thoughts. Does it make more sense to fresh eyes than the teaser?

The scene depicted between Perrin and Egwene…just who asks the question and who answers and where they both end up by the end…😭

Looks good. I'll definitely give it a swing once out on BD.

It's all super fast cuts (as is common these days), but two minor "complaints": the trollocs look a little 'puppety' in one or two views, and the 'teenage' leads sure looks a bit too old.
I understand the latter very well, as the time span of WoT is huge compared to most other series. Still, it's something I noticed.

But, looks very promising all over

TheSword

Legend
I’m starting to see some very recognizable scenes which is fun as someone who has read the books many times over. It will be really interesting to see how much edge there is in this series.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Some of the lines make me think they're going to fold in Egwene and Nynaeve as ta'veren and make a core five; considering their importance to the plot I'm totally down with that kind of a change.
Yeah by the end it really seemed like Egwene at least was just as important to the Weave as the three boys, and probably more important than Matt, so I'm absolutely here for it.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Yeah by the end it really seemed like Egwene at least was just as important to the Weave as the three boys, and probably more important than Matt, so I'm absolutely here for it.
Yep. I just don't think you do this story in 2021 with the three guys as the prophesied heroes and the two women as the hangers-on.

Plus, they seem to be hinting that it won't be obvious (to a new audience) as to who the Dragon Reborn is for the first few episodes at least, or maybe not until the end of the season.

Remove ads