OGL for content here?

ChimericDream

First Post
Is content posted on this board assumed to be covered under the OGL? If so, what is the best way to list people in section 15 of the OGL on my site?

I know it's a giant fuzzy gray line since this is a discussion forum, but I want to make sure that stuff I post on my personal site is legit. Beyond crediting the author providing a link back (to their profile here? their site?), how would other people here handle taking content from this or another message board and putting it on your own site?

Note: I should point out that this is for my personal campaign setting, which is mostly based on 3.5e with some tweaks. I have no intention of monetizing the site, and if I were to make that decision later, I would contact people directly to work out any arrangements to use their content for profit (highly unlikely, but just stating for those who may be wondering).

Thanks in advance.

<disclaimer>I am not asking for legal advice regarding the OGL per se; this is more intended as a "how would you do it?" sort of post.</disclaimer>

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is content posted on this board assumed to be covered under the OGL?

Nope! It's just friendly sharing of stuff. My suggestion, to be polite, is to just ask people. If they've posted it here, I think it's reasonable to assume they want you to use it.

Remove ads