• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGL material from Wizards?

Roger

First Post
Don't forget about the contents of the MSRD, too.

(Actually, not everything in the SRD is OGC -- the text of the license itself, for example. But that's unlikely to impact anyone in the real world.)

Cheers,
Roger

Odhanan

Adventurer
Plain and simple...

If it ain't in the SRD, you ain't suppoed to play with it without askin'.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand, so perhaps I may add that you privately with your friends can use anything in the books you bought, OGL or PI... it's a game meant to be played. However, if you publish d20 game materials you can only reprint open gaming contents with the proper source references in your legal appendix featuring the OGL (and the product identity for which you have the proper written authorization/contract to use).

All Wizards' OGC is available here and there.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Staffan said:
Plus in Unearthed Arcana and Monster Manual II (the two monsters in the back). I also think there's a Dragon or two that has some OGC in it, but I'm not sure.

d20 Modern Weapons Locker from WotC also has OGC that isn't in the modern SRD.

dcollins

Explorer
Angellis_ater said:
If you check the OGL ( http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/Legal.rtf ) Wizards list Mind Flayers and Beholders among others as being Product Identity even though they are not included in the SRD. THIS is the reason I asked about the Slaad and Kua-Toa. There is no definitive listing of them being Product Identity, but on the other hand they are not in the SRD.

Now why have PI references for SOME of the monsters not included in the SRD?

Because Mind Flayers & Beholders were actually mentioned in the 3.0 SRD in other contexts. Therefore the PI designation says "even if they're in the SRD, they're still not OGC".

3.0 SRD References to Beholder: Card in deck of illusions, example of Good flight maneuverability, example of target for animal companion.

3.0 SRD References to Mind Flayer: Leader in organization line for Grimlock.

Remove ads