• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oh no Conan just DIDNT!

Bront

The man with the probe
ForceUser said:
I think you guys are taking this a tad too seriously. We are geeks, right? Right.

I'll let you in on a little secret: D&D will never be a "cool" hobby. We pretend to be elves, people.
There are plenty of people who pretend to be Elvis without much of a problem...

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Sejs said:
Man alive, seems like some folks need to grow a little thicker skin. I mean c'mon folks, if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at?
Laugh at everyone else? Its not as if you don't laugh at DnD gamers and theres no one left to laugh at (people who play dnd aren't very numerous).

Not a big deal though, you can't take Conan seriously, he's a comedian. Now if he made fun of gamers reguarly (like every show). It might be a problem.

Edit: Good pun psion :lol:

KB9JMQ

First Post
Doesn't bother me. I see it as a good thing.
At least we are mainstream enough to joke about and the audience gets it.

B9anders

Explorer
ForceUser said:
I think you guys are taking this a tad too seriously. We are geeks, right? Right.

I'll let you in on a little secret: D&D will never be a "cool" hobby. We pretend to be elves, people.

is right. :D

B9anders

Explorer
On second thought, I think it was bang out of order.

Someone ought to write up a character sheet for him, inform Conan that he is nothing more than a low rate 1st level bard with no experience beyond the little dungeon hole he calls the late night studio and challenge him to a proper combat with D20s. Let's see how he fares against the 25th level warrior that is Walker Texas Ranger.

I bet he is not laughing when his hit points are in the red before his initiative has even come. A half decent charisma score can only take you so far.

PS. And besides, everyone knows bards are crap anyway.

Nomad4life

First Post
Psion said:
So you are saying it's better to be an Elvis impersonator than an Elvish impersonator?

I’ve always wanted a painting of The King with pointy ears.

So I can tell everyone who asks that it’s “Elf-vis.”

Remove ads