Ohio Gameday 6 - October 20th - Please check new game cancellations!

Enkhidu

Explorer
Feeling the post-GenCon blues? Need a gaming fix more than your weekly group can provide? Then come up-north/down-south/to-the-east/to-the-west and attend

OHIO GAMEDAY 2007!

When? October 20, 2007

Where? The Bookery Fantasy, in Fairborn (Dayton) Ohio

Who? YOU!

GM signup starts TODAY, so if you want to run a game, please let me know by posting in this thread! We will have the space to run 6 concurrent games in 2 time slots: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM to 9:00 (and if we have the demand, we will attempt to move those slots to 10-2, 3-7, and 8-they kick us out).

Player signup begins September 8th at 8:00 AM EDT, and will be first-come first serve.

IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN, please post in this thread before September 17th. I may be able to get a block of rooms at a hotel for a group rate.

And now for the games!

Table 1, 11 AM - 3 PM
The Battle for Dirty Bowbe's
- This game has been canceled - please sign up for other games!
GM: Michael_R_Proteau
System: C&C
Synopsis: Can the heroes and the guests at Dirty Bowbe's Roadhouse save the legendary locale from the depredations of the oncoming Orc horde? The Battle for Dirty Bowbe's is a mass combat scenario previewing optional mass combat rules for C&C developed by Casey with kibitzing by me: 6-8 players with pregens provided.
Player Signup:
1. FATDRAGONGAMES
3. Braelun

Table 2, 11 AM - 3 PM
Night of the Living Horror as Hell Comes to Robinwood Town From Dusk til Dawn

GM: dshai527
System: D&D 3.5
Synopsis: Your group has just plunder the Halls of the Lost Dwarven King, so you kick back to enjoy a feast in the small hamlet of RobinWood, an old frontier fort town. Raising a toast to fallen heroes and plundered treasure you laugh and joke deep into the evening. Suddenly a bell rings from the watch tower and you realize that you stand alone in the tavern as the lamps' oil begin to burn low. A terrible pain erupts in your stomach and you and your companions double-over in agony as you feel something squirming inside your belly.

For 6 players: Pregens provided.
1. Cincinnatus
2. NGRI
3. fett527
4. Enkhidu

Table 3, 11 AM - 3 PM
The Marrow Murders

GM: Keeper of Secrets
System: Call of Cthulhu (BRP)
Synopsis: Strange and grizzly murders have occurred in Chicago which have the police baffled. Victims have been found dead with their bone marrow surgically removed. Can the investigators solve the mystery before they become the next victims? Pregenerated characters are provided.
Player Signup:
1. suzi yee
2. Bubbalicious
3. Korgull
4. shaylon
5. Crothian
6. Whirligig
7. Aurora

Table 1, 5 PM - 9 PM
Lair of the Lost Serpent
- This game has been canceled - please sign up for other games!
GM: Michael_R_Proteau
System: C&C
Synopsis: The Iron Marque's daughter has been stolen away as she toured his lands. Can an intrepid band of heroes rescue her?

This C&C scenario is set in the Haunted Highlands and is for 6-8 players. Pregens of 6th level characters will be provided. This adventure will feature a playtest of some optional character development rules that Casey, myself and a few others have been developing for the Highlands setting. This was run for some folks at Gen Con for some good adventuring fun.
Player Signup:
1. NGRI
2. dshai527
3. Aurora

Table 2, 5 PM - 9 PM
The Mirrored Room

GM: Crothain
System: Changeling the Lost
Synopsis: The hedge is finally behind you. You've escaped and have made it back to your dormitory. What will the world be like after being kidnapped and tormented by the True Fey?
---For 5 players. Characters will be provided. No experience needed.
Player Signup:
1. suzi yee
2. shaylon
3. Bubbalicious
4. Keeper of Secrets
5. Whirligig

Table 3, 5 PM - 9 PM
Return to the Barrier Peaks

GM: Enkhidu
System: D&D 3.5
Synopsis: It's been twenty years since a hardy group of 15 set out for the Barrier Peaks, determined to stop the rash of horrendous attacks on the villages at their foot. Only three returned, telling outrageous tales of strange beasts and terrible magics, but convinced that they had dealt with the problem. But ominous quakes heralded the return of the attacks, and now its up to the next generation return to the Barrier Peaks.
-- Return to the Barrier Peaks is an adventure for 6 characters of 8th level. Characters will be provided, though requests made before Friday the 19th will be considered.
Player Signup:

Last edited:

xrpsuzi

First Post
XRP is on board! We're swamped with work, so I'm not sure we can run anything, but I'm up for playing and my boardgame collection is quickly outgrowing its designated bookshelf space....

And we'll probably grab a hotel room for at least 1 night.

-suzi

Last edited:

Wow, you are moving fast! I shouldn't have any reason not to go, but I do need to clear my calendar at home to make sure. I'll check back in a day or two once I've had time to run the idea past my wife. My own car proved during GenCon that it's not really very suitable for anything other than driving around town, but I can either 1) take my wife's car, assuming she doesn't need it that day, or 2) see if I can convince someone like Quickbeam to come too, and we could car pool.

That's my biggest constraint at the moment.

Hey, that would certainly be my preference. He's cool. He's also in my own gaming group, and I saw more of him at GenCon than I have all summer because everyone's schedule has been so whack.

fett527

First Post
suzi yee said:
XRP is on board! We're swamped with work, so I'm not sure we can run anything, but I'm up for playing and my boardgame collection is quickly outgrowing its designated bookshelf space....

And we'll probably grab a hotel room for at least 1 night.

-suzi

You can bring prizes in person this time!!!!!

92946ccf577a000a.gif

First Post
Well, I won't be there since I live in Washington :) However, my dad lives near Dayton and may be interested.

He doesn't play RPGs, but is very into the Euro-boardgame scene (Settlers, Carcosonne, Knizia games, etc). Will there be stuff like that there or will it be predominantly RPGs? Just wondering whether or not to recommend the event to him. :) Thanks!

fett527

First Post
Well, I won't be there since I live in Washington :) However, my dad lives near Dayton and may be interested.

He doesn't play RPGs, but is very into the Euro-boardgame scene (Settlers, Carcosonne, Knizia games, etc). Will there be stuff like that there or will it be predominantly RPGs? Just wondering whether or not to recommend the event to him. :) Thanks!
RPGs prominently. Board games get brought for pick up games and spillover, but not the focus.

Enkhidu

Explorer

While GameDay is traditionally RPG centric, we usually have a broad selection of card and board games. If you're dad's interested in Catan-ing it up in an organized way, tell him to drop by and sign up as a "GM" for one of the available slots!

Remove ads