Old Appearances in Dragon's Forum!

Scylla

First Post
I landed in Forum three times, the second two times led to a debate of sorts and the rise of a term "TSR rules thugs." Those were the days!

Janx

Hero
I had a letter posted in the letters column once (the only one I sent in, via email actually).

It was in the pre-3e ramp up, I had written about how all the negative letters were of the exact same nature of the pre-2e letters to Dragon.

I'd also note, that an internet forum for discussing D&D has long existed.

I got onto rec.arts.games.frp.dnd right when I got to college in '92.

TheAuldGrump was a regular there as well. I recognized his name when I started lurking here in the pre-3e era.

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
At first Plane Sailing I thought you meant that the Scud vs. Alicya topic would make for a good thread here. Though I think we have moved on from Fighters vs. Cavaliers to Fighters vs. Crusaders or something like that.

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
I never was in the Forum, but I once wrote to Sage Advice when I was first learning AD&D. Skip Williams used it in the April Fool's issue, since it was such a "dumb question." :eek:

It was about monster lairs, if anyone wants to look for it . . .

Richards

Legend
I had a letter published in D-Mail, praising the author of "Ecology of the Bag of Holding" - Kevin Haw - for taking on such a challenge in the first place, and as his first "Ecology" article at that. I thought he did very well.

Johnathan

Remove ads