Old Gods of Appalachia

Randy J Mull

Explorer
Fellow North Carolinian? Sup! Really, Asheville is kind of the new hub in the mountains, but Boone is a great option for the heart as well IMO.
Yeap, just east of Asheville. To me Asheville (love or hate it)has always been the heart of WNC as ot was the main destination hub in the mountains and on to Tennessee along with its rich eldritch lore.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Is it? Personally, I feel Lovecraft traffics particularly heavy in the trope that the Good, Proper Civilized Urbanite can barely navigate outside of the city proper. Look at Shadows over Innsmouth where the character is at a serious disadvantage because of being the Good, Proper Outsider - the first piece of help he gets to be warned isn't because he's understood any social clues that he's not welcomed, he has to be put on the path by the grocery clerk... who is also an outsider.
OGoA isn’t Cthulhu, first of all. Second, none of that makes it any less a stretch to justify it after the fact.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
People fighting over a game they will never play will always get a pop out of me.

But you see, I’m the genius here. I’m not going to fight about it, I’m just going to buy it, admire the art, read the lore, and never play it. Expert level move.
If you wan to step up to Companion level moves, pirate discrete evocative elements for whatever you were planning to run anyway.

Arilyn

Hero
We are going to play the game with the cypher system because I'm thinking the system will wotk well with Old Gods. The weaknesses thing is odd, so I'm going to let players swap them around if it comes up.

The lore is amazing in the book. Monte Cook Games and the creators of the podcast worked together on this, so no worries. And my husband and I went all in on this Kickstarter. My daughter backed this game as well. We are going to play it, dammit!

Fall is coming, family. A small group of Canadians from the north of the line are heading into the hills and tangled woods of Appalachia. Pray for them.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
We are going to play the game with the cypher system because I'm thinking the system will wotk well with Old Gods. The weaknesses thing is odd, so I'm going to let players swap them around if it comes up.

The lore is amazing in the book. Monte Cook Games and the creators of the podcast worked together on this, so no worries. And my husband and I went all in on this Kickstarter. My daughter backed this game as well. We are going to play it, dammit!

Fall is coming, family. A small group of Canadians from the north of the line are heading into the hills and tangled woods of Appalachia. Pray for them.
Hell yes. My wife and I also went all in. We are gonna do a short game over discord in the next couple weeks, and then she’s gonna run a game for her friends who have a horror podcast once she has a hang of it.

Remove ads