• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

On a Spider's Advice...

Ashy

First Post
Skaith smiles in his predatory kind of way and replies, "Well, with a bit more work - if I can hang on to these books for a bit longer and finish my notes, then I think I will be able to read the Orrery and figure out what is wrong." He then looks to Tyndra, and remarks offhandedly, "What's with the limp?"

OOC: How much longer would I need before my notes are complete?

Kelleris

Explorer
Depends on the result of a few knowledge rolls, but probably a couple of days. No telling how long it'll be before Rr'trask decides he wants his books back, though, and you've been in the same place for a while. You have immunity to major plot events in the side-quest stuff, but I'll roll a few dice and see if you don't get some kind of trouble on your hands the longer you stay.

Also note that the finished research requires you to keep the books for as long as you want to use the better item, while the notes are all you need for a straight Planar Geometry roll.

Uwohali

First Post
Tyndra scowls at them, only half-heartedly. "Ever have one of those weeks where fate just seems to hate you? I wish my week had been that great." She takes a seat and sighs in relief. I really need to brush up on my healing spells, she thinks before returning her thoughts to the group.

"Well, Roo seems to think the damage to the Orrery is indicative of a change in the planar 'confluxes' of a particular place. Anyone studying the Orrery, or monitoring it, would not know the conditions of that area are changing. Oh, and he also thinks the imp-like creature is just slightly off plane, and we're the lucky chaps who can still see it. Apparently we're 'sensitive' to it. Or crazy. Either way, my general curiosity has been piqued. What did you dig up?" she asked, turning to Keys.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Keys' veil shifts slightly, probably concealing a grin, and she reaches into the small haversack she wears and draws out a number of works on the orrery and planar geometry and dumps them amongst the others procured from Rr'trask. "Libraries never seem to have what you need out in front, librarians are never of any help and you always have to do things your own way. Other than this trap," gesturing at the books, "I found an exactingly detailed schematic of the Orrery in the private section."

Ashy

First Post
Skaith's hairless eyebrows shoot up at both the books and this new information. "Could you get me in there, Keys?", he asks excitedly...

Kelleris

Explorer
Keys: [sblock] Given that the Library was annoying enough to give you some trouble, while not being annoying enough to be a real threat, you judge it possible but difficult to get the pasty, salivating specimen before you in there.

You didn't really check out much other than what you went in to retrieve, though, but your overall impression is that there are quite a few of the more dangerous or high-level works on magic and the planes stored back there. There are probably even a good number of spellbooks.[/sblock]

Ashy

First Post
"Those books you speak of - they could very likely unlock the secrets of the Orrey for us!" Skaith says, not hiding his excitement in the least...

Ferrix

Explorer
"You haven't done that yet? I thought that's why we kept you along," she says with sharp amusement. "I can get your bloodless self in, but it really would just be easier if I went by myself. Do you know exactly what you need? We already have quite the library here."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads