D&D 5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkars first reaction at the sound of the Roar is to jump, squeak and hide behind Ivar.

He then quickly looks around almost as if he is hoping that no one noticed.

"Dangerous Lizard. Big. Bilkar brave." He mutters as much to convince himself of it as to make sure that everyone else knows.

Bilkar approaches the door to the room where he expects the fight to be taking place.

"Open door. Bilkar make door not look open. Pack look in through illusion before pouncing?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

Stonecunning: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16

Ivar studied the castle and the stonework as they entered the building. He studies the prints, too, and then draws his war pick as he hears the monstrous howl of pain.

Lee rushed forward, and Ivar shook his head. “Careful, lass.”

Bilkar hid behind him before finding some spine. Ivar grunted with approval to the gnome. He drew a handaxe, just in case he needed some range to attack.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Perception: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
Bonus Action:.
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 9/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Stonecunning: Ivar notices one thing that really sticks out about the stonework of this castle/manor. It is really really old. More than 400 years old. The fire scoring on the rock isn't recent either possibly 250-300 years old.

Room 3:
As you proceed further into the castle, you become even more aware of how badly ruined it is. The hall you are standing in is dominated by a grand staircase in the white marble leading up to the second floor. It is covered with heavy beams and other debris that have fallen from the ceiling, which is almost totally gone. The walls of the second story are visible through the hole above. Only a narrow portion of the ceiling remains along the east wall. The floor of the hall is also littered with debris.

There are several doors in the hall, all bronze and all corroded green.

Room 6:
This large room appears to have been a dining room. The east wall consists of a series of graceful archways opening onto another room beyond. Five long wooden tables appear to be remarkably well preserved (one was broken in a scuffle). The luster is gone from their once polished surfaces, but the dark wood appears unaffected by age and time. Chairs that probably once stood around the tables haven't fared as well, and many are badly rotted and lie scattered about the floor in pieces. The floral patterns of murals on the walls are another sign this area was largely spared the fire that seems to have swept through other parts of the ground floor of the castle.

Through the illusionary door you can see a large spider is currently webbing up a huge, unconscious lizard. Slowly cocooning it as it turns it over and over.

Room 8:
This area was evidently once a conservatory. Much of the roof and the outer walls have collapsed, covering the floor with rubble. Dead tree trunks stick up between the snapped beams and sections of roofing. Webbing covers almost everything in this area.

OOC: Brown square is illusionary door. What do you do?

[sblock=Map]
LotM_rd_00.jpg[/sblock]

Lee walks over to the illusionary door and finds the real doors behind it and closes them. "The giant spider caught a large basilisk and is in the process of cocooning it. I see no reason to punish it for doing so. Let's find out about that scream up ahead."

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Bilkar looks around as Lee closes the door.
"When nations die, nature remains."

OOC: Not back yet. Just checking in on my phone.
Is the Spyder something I could talk to? Maybe we could get some Intel out of him since he has plenty of food for now. No hard feeling if no one wants me to risk it. If it is something I think I could talk to include the following in my post

"Bilkar make friend?"

Last edited:

"I think someone actively screaming is a higher priority right now," Lee says going back to the northern door and carefully peering in, looking down first.

OOC: Perception: [roll0]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mister Bubbles nods in agreement.

"Later," he says quietly. With a quick motion of his head, the half-orc suggests, "Upstairs?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar visibly deflates a little but seems to admit to himself that now is not the time.

"Bilkar like make friends. OK Pack go up."

Bilkar turns and looks at the debris covered stairs and frowns as he glances at his short legs. "Hard climb for Gnome legs. Good thing Bilkar not a real Gnome."

Bilkars features begin to change. He seems to start getting smaller, hunching over and fur growing from his skin as it seems to absorb his clothing, his eyes widening momentarily as if a strange sensation has taken him over as a bushy tail sprouts from behind him.

As a few seconds go by and the transformation completes, before you where once stood this strange little Gnome. Now stands a strange gray squirrel. Seemingly looking it's self over quite pleased before scurrying up the post at the end of the remains of the railing, turning and looking at the group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases