Online Campaign Managers

Sadras

Legend
I have recently started using Obsidian Portal to manage our campaign and decided to test it out for a while before the roleplaying group became fully invested and subscribed to the service to access all the add-ons. The group seems, for the most part, happy with the site despite its bugs (500,502 and 504 Gateway issues).

Essentially I'm asking the roleplaying community at large from their own personal experience if there are other campaign managers that I should look at before signing on with OP.
Factors that play a role, besides the standard (wiki, maps, blogs, characters...etc):

Cosmetic Look;
Stability; and
User Friendliness

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:

almeidafreak

Explorer
Hi.

Recently I've started using City of Brass and I've been really happy with it. It looks clean and very good, it's very stable and user friendly. The developers are in constant contact with users, taking suggestions and helping with support.

There is still a great deal of cool function being developed, but at it's current state it's already a good choice.

If your players are willing to subscribe, it's a $3 monthly subscription, which I consider a fair price for what's offered.

Sadras

Legend
Recently I've started using City of Brass and I've been really happy with it. It looks clean and very good, it's very stable and user friendly. The developers are in constant contact with users, taking suggestions and helping with support. There is still a great deal of cool function being developed, but at it's current state it's already a good choice.

I must say I am torn now having looked at City of Brass. I agree with you that it is fairly clean and user friendly.
Obsidian Portal lets me upload external content, I'm allowed up to 5 Gigs. How much can one upload at City of Brass? Didn't see it on their FAQ.

What about links? Obsidian Portal allows you to word link, is that function available yet for City of Brass?

almeidafreak

Explorer
I also do not know it, but I truly recommend you make a trial account and ask all your questions at the symposium (CoB forums).

If you want to have a glimpse of it, check my District (Tri-Kazel). I've been using CoB to input the Shadows of Esteren's World there and make an extended campaig.

LucasC

First Post
Obsidian Portal lets me upload external content, I'm allowed up to 5 Gigs. How much can one upload at City of Brass?

We do not have limitation on uploads at this time and no intentions of changing that stance until/unless we must.

What about links? Obsidian Portal allows you to word link, is that function available yet for City of Brass?

You can create links to anything you like, however, if your asking about automatically linking a specific word to a page, that is not a feature available at present.

As almeidafreak said, with our free 30-day trial, you can give City of Brass a test run without any obligation. No credit card is required. See if you like it and then, if you do, stick around.

Remove ads