Online RPing Products

Xaven

First Post
I jsut started RPing online with a friend of mine. Can someone please tell me what is a good program to have as a chat engine for a game, preferably one that also has a dice rolling program that allows everyone to see what is rolled? I am currently using AIM's chatroom, but something that would allow everyone to see the dice rolls wouldbe better. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Lazybones

Adventurer
While I don't play online, as I understand it there are two major engines, WebRPG and OpenRPG. I've played around with WebRPg and it seems fairly functional, but the host site has started charging for hosting games. OpenRPG is free but still in beta.

I'm sure other users that have used these programs can comment more fully.

Aeolius

Adventurer
You can roll dice in an AIM chatroom. Simply type in //roll-diceX-sidesY, where X is the total number of die rolled and Y represents the type of die.

//roll-dice4-sides6 = roll 4d6

Ayrk

First Post
I actually like OpenRPG. Once you learn how to use it (which doesn't take long) it works great.

One of the features I like is that you can create your character sheet and save it. When you need to roll a skill check, you just dbl-click on the skill and it automatically rolls the dice and includes the proper modifiers.

Plus it is free, a major requirement for me.

Remove ads