(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I am traveling tomorrow with unknown net access upon arrival. I may be less active for the next ten days.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... It should come as no surprise to you all that I'm struggling to keep up with my games. Part of it is low-pandemic morale (1), and part of it is work (2). I don't want to quit, though. I'll try to get the current combat wrapped up, and then I think we'll have to take a break from at least one of the games for now.

As @gargoyleking, @Kobold Stew, @KahlessNestor, and @Neurotic play both my current games, I welcome your input in particular when it comes to "which game" we should keep, but everyone's input will be considered, of course.

Here are our options:

1) Continue with Scourge of Daggerford and put Fitz's Folly on haitus. (@Prickly Pear can jump over)
2) Continue with Fitz's Folly & put Scourge on hold. (@jmucchiello & @MetaVoid can move over)
3) Put 'em both on hold and either: a) Run Dracolich3: Tomb of Deridius or b) play any other 5e game you folks are interested in trying (I have all the books, plus other stuff).
4) Take a break and come back to it in a few months.

I'm happy with any of those choices. The reason I put 3-b in there is on the off-chance that something new will kick me into gear to get those creative juices flowing. (It's got a good chance of doing that!)

Let me know what you think.

Fitz!

Notes:

(1) My part of the world is doing okay pandemic-wise, but I'm personally not - I was sick in March, and I have struggled with the after-effects of that illness for six months. Testing wasn't available at the time for those who hadn't travelled, but it's very possible I had covid. I've never had anything like it, and I've never taken six months to recover from something before. Before you worry - I'm not bad - I just can't shake lingering symptoms (basically a mild sore throat and terrible post-nasal drip, and a bit of chest-wheeze, all of which changes in severity day-by-day and week-to-week. Every time I feel like I'm getting better I get worse again. It's not stopping my daily activities, so it could be worse, but it IS affecting my overall morale.

(2) As most of you know, I own a comic and game store. Now, obviously, we have lost quite a bit of money this spring by being shut down, but that wasn't the worst thing - DC Comics' distribution changes have been worse -essentially doubling my work-load for less money. Combine that with things like the Theros book being online for months before it was out in print (so it hasn't sold well) and other struggles in the industry - long and the short is, while we are doing well (all things considered), I'm working much harder to keep things going. Believe it or not, I'm not actually complaining - things are better than I would expect, when you take all the troubles into account. Essentially it means that my hard work is paying off, it's just not ending any time soon.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'd prefer folly since I have character there. But more players would need to cross over so I am content to be outvoted :) it's not like I don't play here and I get to wallop PCs :p

Fitz, testing is now available and it is known that covid can do long lasting damage. Maybe you should test and ask your doc for a checkover? Now that the crisis isn't acute anymore

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Fitz, testing is now available and it is known that covid can do long lasting damage.

Testing was available a few weeks after I was sick. The trouble is, testing negative weeks later (or now) doesn't mean I didn't have it. (Antibody testing is possible but also not easily available, and somewhat pointless.) It ultimately doesn't matter if I had it or not because there's no specific treatment. They can only treat the symptoms I have (so far nothing has worked). It's not like they can say "oh you had covid - here is the cure." There isn't one.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I've also heard about the lasting effects and it's quite scary. I was about to be a nosy-body but really I don't know what your situation is. So I'll not. That said, take care of yourself and try to not to over-do it.

On the game front, I think I'd rather stick with Scourge as I have the most fun with Dandin and really want to see him come into his own in the next couple of levels. My second thought would honestly be either one of the 3's. If you'd like I can make a support character with no real driving force to 'play' and otherwise just help as a DM aide.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I know it is tough nowadays with the current covid situation and I understand that you want to cut down on the PbP activities. Personally, I don't mind which game goes forward since I just joined Fitz's Folly. I can easily jump across to another game, if there is space for me.

I really hope you fell better soon, FitzTheRuke, and that you recover fully eventually.
Have you considered giving convalescent plasma in order to help others that suffers from severe covid events?
https://www.blood.ca/en/convalescentplasma
I have been indirectly involved in development of convalescent hyperimmune sera treatment against covid-19, working in a company in Australia. There is a world-wide consortium (The Alliance) of blood-product companies that will make the product as un-branded and not-for-profit (CSL consortium to make plasma against coronavirus).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hello, Fitz,
I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Honestly, I am open to 1, 2, or possibly 3b.

1. I feel there is more momentum in Daggerford right now than Folly, and I want you to be happy and seeing the value of of what you do, and how much it is appreciated.

2. I probably am slightly more fond of Miss Imogen, however, of my two chartacters. I'm therefore really open to both.

3b. I'd be keen to play a Theros game, though (despite the headaches caused by the books for you), and would be interested in that if you wanted a break from the two running games.

I don't know if this is helpful or not.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases