[ooc] He Chained Their Minds

WEContact

First Post
SS1 and SS2 are in the wrong place on the map, since they were not affected by Joy's forced movement.

Vander has 3 thp from bloodying RC1. Kane should take the 5 temp hp from Joy spending a surge.

If I had remembered that, I wouldn't have used Swift Charge, but now that I've rolled it I can see that I would still hit even with the -5 penalty for attacking blind. [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] it's up to you- if you rule that I can't decide to use Swift Charge based on knowing that it will hit despite my being unable to see, that's fine by me. In any case it might be in my best interests to save Swift Charge for when I can use it on a better target.

Is there any way Ignatz could/would have known the enemy's position? If so, then I don't mind him using swift charge to attack blinded. If there was no way for him to know where the enemy was in the dark, then it may be best for him to save Swift Charge for a different enemy.

WEContact

First Post
Invisibility/lack of LoS does not actually force the enemy to have to guess where you are. Obfuscation of your location is only achievable with the Hidden status, which itself is only attainable with a Stealth check unless a power makes an exception. If the enemies didn't make active Stealth checks, then Ignatz knows where they are by sound, smell, air currents, shouted hints from comrades, etc. Unless they have powers that say otherwise, monsters follow all the same rules for Stealth- they have to make a check as part of a move action, they take a -5 penalty if they move more than 2 squares, etc.

I've always hated this game's stealth rules... it's overly complicated, and forces RAW over good old common sense... yeah, sure, you may have an idea of where something is in the dark if it makes sounds and what-not, but it doesn't take into account the apprehension of instant lights-out panic. You can't see, it's hard to keep track of who or what is where, your senses get all disoriented, etc. The stealth rules in this game ignore all of that in favor of "I'm a big bad adventurer, and because I saw the badguy within the last 6 seconds, I know exactly where he is and what he's doing, even though I can't see him due to darkness/invisibility.

But... rules are rules... *sigh*. So go ahead and use Swift Charge if that's what Ignatz would have done.

WEContact

First Post
I think it's actually not what he would have done. I only rolled it because I thought I had a target outside the darkness zone. I'll hold on to it and hope I get another kill this encounter. I really do appreciate the way you adjudicated this, CFW.

No problem at all. I want the game to be fair to all parties involved. This just happens to be a wonky situation that needed a ruling on (or at least a close reading of the rules it would seem) ;)

Remove ads