• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Life in Vein - Recruiting Replacement Player!

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Isida and the rest of the gang - sorry for the lag in posts. Seems like a whole new crew has joined. I feel that I'm really holding this game up b/c of posting lag, hence Isida NPCing Eryic from time to time. I'd hate to drop out of the game but I really don't want to hinder its progress either.

If you'd like me to pull out Isida I'd understand, with no hard feelings. I'd like to keep playing but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the speed of it. The games started off slow and now they're beginning to pick up rather quickly. So Isida if you need me out of the game, let me know.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Well, even if you can't post as often as the others Jay (and I do want to keep you), could you give me some guidance or otherwise on how to NPC your characters (both here and in For the Greater Good) if something comes up while you're away? That way we can reach some kind of compromise. :)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, it seems as if the rest of the original players have abandoned this game. Under my new policy this means that I get to replace their players. I need someone to play their characters, though they are allowed to make changes to thier personalities, feats, skills, items, and even classes to a certain extent. Since this is a "closed environment" game I can't do entirely new characters at this point, sorry. :(

Here's the Rogue's Gallery: http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68516

I need replacement players for Urgo'Nangoroth the Mojh (Mohj Runethane 1/ Akashic 2), his brother Matzerath (Mojh Akashic 2/ Unfettered 1), and Arkas the Astounding (Male Loresong Akashic 1/Magister 2). Who's game? :)

Last edited:

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
I'd definitely like to keep playing both of those campaigns. For here, I'll stick with advice for Eryic.

He's trying to control his inner turmoil based on Quelsa's words and the interesting group he's found himself stuck with. However, he's still pretty hotheaded and prone to outbursts of impatience and anger. He might almost border on unpredictability. However, if he continues to spend a lot of time with the current party and, depending on what kind of actions they take, he should be shifting gradually towards a more level-headed and thoughtful approach. He's especially inclined to listen to these wind spirits and, because he has spoken with one already, he may be more inclined to try and reason with others as well.

I'll add a post for tonight and do my best to keep up. I'm really enjoying the games and would be happy to keep playing.

Erekose13

Explorer
Isida, did you want to perhaps advertise the open spots over on Monte's boards. Might get a good responce from AU players over there.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
CK - Soen looks pretty good, you can finish him as we go along but you can start posting anytime!

Notice for all my current players: I'm instituting a new policy for all of my games. If someone doesn't post for over three days and they are holding up the game because of it, I will NPC your player until you return (and you can immediately take up the reins agan). Absence for two weeks without prior notice means I bring in an alternate to take over your character (and they are allowed to make changes to them) or I bring in an entirely new player and character.

If we're in a closed environment and someone wants to bring in a new character, I reserve the right to have your character wander off, lose interest, take a new job, switch sides, or even kill them in order to keep the game moving. I do not want to have to play three abandoned PCs, so I will probably find a way to remove them from the party at the first available opportunity.

Please, please, please e-mail me if you realize you haven't posted in several days and real life is keeping you busy. I'd rather know that someone has had a hectic day at work than they found my game boring and quit. And if you find my games boring or confusing, please e-mail me to express your concerns. I'd hate for anyone to be bored playing my games.

I'm instituting this policy for the health of my games and am sincerely not trying to annoy anyone, so no one take it personally!

Hey Isida!

I Saw your post on Montecook.com

I just want you to knoe that RL is definitely getting int he way these days. I expect things to be hectick for another month or so (intensive classes + full time job = bad for online games)

So, I want you to know that I think your games rock, but I understant that you have to do what is best for the game, and open up my character to someone else. Hopefully, I'll be able to play in the future.

Thanks for everything, and cheers!

SG

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
That's cool SG, I just didn't know what was going on and this game was going so slowly I was afraid it was going to die, so... yeah. But if things get better in the future, I'd be happy to have you in one of my games. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads