• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Thread for Scotley's Tomb of Horror's 3.5

Scotley

Hero
well three thing i must say:

1: this, as has been pointed out by wd and reinforced by leif, is to honor the late great gary gygax and we would do a gread dishonor to him if we just up and quit.

2:i thing 5 is ok, but as leif mentioned, it never hurts to have a bit more arcane backup

3: Wd asked an important question. It has been mentioned twice that the traps are what are supposed to kill us, not a player drop out...i personallyhave never been through TOH but wds pointed question of :raise dead availability, that is an important factor when it comes to traps. does our cleric have that spell available?

As long as I've got willing players (and live characters :devil: ) I'll keep DMing!

If we were to add a 6th character I would think a support type such as a wizard with a variety of spells or a skill monkey such as bard or ranger would be a good choice. At this point I'm leaning toward going with the current 5.

I don't know what Logan has memorized, but he is capable of casting raise dead. I hope I gave you a raise dead scroll or item in the gear too.

Leif

Adventurer
I don't know what Logan has memorized, but he is capable of casting raise dead. I hope I gave you a raise dead scroll or item in the gear too.
No raise dead prepared at the moment. It is 5th level, isn't it? Does that count as a healing spell that a prepared spell can be swapped for? :D

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
No raise dead prepared at the moment. It is 5th level, isn't it? Does that count as a healing spell that a prepared spell can be swapped for? :D

Unfortunately not:

Spontaneous Casting
A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can "lose" any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with "cure" in its name).

Now if it was called Cure Death then it would work ;), although the spell allows the person to have died 1 day/caster level ago, so as long as Logan didn't wait more than a week to try and revive his allies, it will be ok... just don't die yourself, ok?

Leif

Adventurer
Logan Lightbringer, Cleric9, AC28,FF27T17,HP76/76, DR3/-, F+9,R+4,W+11

Unfortunately not:
Although the spell allows the person to have died 1 day/caster level ago, so as long as Logan didn't wait more than a week to try and revive his allies, it will be ok... just don't die yourself, ok?
[sblock=ooc, renau1g]I know, I know, I was just trying to get a little boon from the dm! And hey! Play along next time! We have enough negativity from Scotley. ;)[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
One more thing about this: waiting for the next day to get raised can take a long, long time in a PbP game.
Indeed, this is very true. Let's see, waiting several weeks to be raised on the one hand, versus rolling up a new character and playing immediately on the other hand. Hmmm, as attached as I usually get to my characters, this is quite the dilemma!

Walking Dad

First Post
Very good point. It is an old school adventure. We could play it in an old school way (resting when ever needed, regardless of context,...).

Perhaps this is the only way to )possbly) survive the adventure. Who carries the 10 foot pole?

Remove ads