OOTS 1011

delericho

Legend
Hmm, is this where Durkula starts regretting throwing Belkar off the roof?

I don't think you come back as undead if you die 'cos a vampire throws you off the roof!

The whole "nothing alive can pass" suggests to me that Roy's about to throw his sword. Given that the world is going to end, he doesn't really have a lot to lose.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I don't think you come back as undead if you die 'cos a vampire throws you off the roof!

The whole "nothing alive can pass" suggests to me that Roy's about to throw his sword. Given that the world is going to end, he doesn't really have a lot to lose.

I don't know if throwing the sword is the best bet. He'll deal a little damage, but then he no longer has his sword. Then I don't know what he would do against Durkula. Unless he manages to kill Durkula with one hit, which would be surprising.

But the whole antilife spell makes me think maybe Xykon really WILL show up! Yeah, that spell ain't going to do ANYTHING against an Undead Spellcaster!

On a side note, while I hope with every OotS page that comes out that it will be the end of the fight and am continuously disappointed, I did enjoy the titles of the comics where last issue was "Green means go" and this one is "Red means stop".

delericho

Legend
I don't know if throwing the sword is the best bet. He'll deal a little damage, but then he no longer has his sword. Then I don't know what he would do against Durkula. Unless he manages to kill Durkula with one hit, which would be surprising.

Well, yes, but he's running out of options.

And you're right, also: time to wrap this fight up, I think.

Scorpio616

First Post
Hmm, is this where Durkula starts regretting throwing Belkar off the roof?
Belkar did look pissed off enough to return as a D&D Revenant. That would be kind of quick, but it's possible, especially if the 3 Fiends get involved to protect their interests.

More likely though as others pointed out...

Throwing Your Sword Always Works

EDIT:Actually my money is now on Belkar Revenant crashing through a window to save the day. It would give him at least one last moment of glory, let him stay in the party if Durkula somehow gets away and possibly allow him an after death redemption to by saving the world. Oh and it would let Rich Burlew show his age by tossing in a reference to The Crow.

Last edited:

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I love the strip, but I have to admit I'm feeling some fatigue from this fight. I hope the payoff is worth the buildup.

Remove ads