OotS #548 is up

Ringan

Explorer
This strip made me laugh the most in a while...my favorite remark:

[sblock]
"If you think for one round that Xykon gives a withered crap about the goblin race, I have a bridge to sell you to Terabithia." :lol:
[/sblock]

oh how I loathed reading that book in elementary school...

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Hrm, nine sides, some of which we don't know about yet. Curses!

It is nice to see that Redcloak and Xykon are *allies*, not the same side. It's also nice to have him spell out that just because he's charming and funny doesn't mean Xykon's not a hideously evil monstrosity.

Brad

Gez

First Post
And apparently, Redcloak helped Xykon turn into a lich. (It may not be new to those who have Start of Darkness.)

Simm

First Post
I like that it managed to poke fun at both incarnations of gladiators. That and the Joust stick had spikes on it.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Ringan said:
This strip made me laugh the most in a while...my favorite remark:

[sblock]
"If you think for one round that Xykon gives a withered crap about the goblin race, I have a bridge to sell you to Terabithia." :lol:
[/sblock]

QFT. That was great. I loved it.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Loved the spandex line myself.

Gez said:
And apparently, Redcloak helped Xykon turn into a lich. (It may not be new to those who have Start of Darkness.)
[sblock]Yes, there's quite a story there...[/quote]

Speaking of SoD and OotS, there's a new entry on the news page:
OotS News said:
4/11/2008

Well, it appears what passes for an awards season in webcomics is in full swing, as The Order of the Stick has been nominated for two 2008 Eagle Awards, in the categories of Favourite Web-Based Comic and Favourite Original Graphic Novel, the latter for Start of Darkness. (Since the Eagle Awards are British, they come with bonus "U's".) Unlike the WCCA's, the Eagle is a fan-selected award that covers the entire comic book industry; some of you may remember Marvel putting their Eagle Award wins on the covers of their books back in the day. The upshot of this is that I'm actually directly competing with Alan Moore on one of these. And let me tell you, that's a strange feeling.

Anyway, the awards are entirely based on online votes, so anyone with an email address can head to this page and place votes for OOTS if you so desire. Thanks in advance to anyone who spares the 30 seconds to vote.

Here's our chance to get Rich some recognition!

Hmm, nine sides in this whole conflict, some of which we don't know about yet?

Let's see, who do we know about?
Redcloak & The Goblins
Xykon
Hinjo & The Sapphire Guard
The Order of the Stick
Lord Kubota
The Linear Guild
Sabine's Demonic Lords (she did duck out on Nale to tell them about the whole "gates" issue after all, but we haven't heard anything more about that)
?
?

Last edited:

Remove ads