• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

oots 639

sorry for the thread necromancy here, but I was think over a few things...

Holy :):):):)!

The cost of that epic spell should damn well better be expensive as hell! Can you say, "broken"?!

(and the spells would probably be too damn expensive to pull off in the first place).
both of these spell out how hard such a spell would be to make...

Remember Mama Dragon referred to the younger one as "my only child" when she faced V the first time. Suggesting No other progeny.

Which suggests all these dragons are Mama's siblings, nephews/nieces, cousins (close and distant), and maybe parents/uncles/aunts. Grandparents might be getting a bit close to age limits though.

and I think this really shows how OMG it is...

so now to my quastion...can it be done? can this spell be made with any sane spellcraft DC (Under 80...). I ask becuse my fav GM wants to go back to 3.5 for one final shot at a true epic game. He wants it to be evil though...VIle infact. But he wants us to all submit some evil vile thing to add to the game. I sent him sevral OotS links for my ideas...basicly what if the evil lich sorcerer had made this spell...

well here is what we got so far, and It doesn't really work right (I am sure you all can see for yourself.) So as a board full of gameing geeks who atleast enough poster like OotS to fill many threads with stuff, and some of you guys are creatores...could it be done???

not quite right. said:
Familicide

Necromancy [Evil]
Spellcraft DC: 64
Components: V, S, M, XP
Casting Time: Standard Action
Range: Unlimited
Target: up to 100 living creatures
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (see below)
Spell Resistance: Yes
Seeds: Reveal (to reveal familiar creatures) DC 19, cast spell through it (+6 DC), Dispel (to dispel possible protections) DC 19, +20 to the dispel check (+20 DC), Slay (to kill upto 80 HD) DC 25, +240HD effective (total 320) (+24 DC). 1 action casting (+20DC) 133 base DC
Mitigating factors: requires expensive/unusual material component (a living or undead member of the family in question for the familiarity link, Ad Hoc -15 DC), 10d6 backlash (-10 DC), 4.000 xp cost (-40 DC) Target: touch (-4 DC)
Cost to create: 576,000 gp, 12 days, and 23,040 xp.

An epic necromancer may cast this horrible spell upon the still living (or unliving) body of a vanquished enemy. The spell then contacts creatures the target is familiar with anywhere in the world... and slays them.
Familicide makes a dispel check (1d20+30) vs all protective magic the victims possess that might inhibit its work (including save-boosting spells and items or effects that confer immunity to necromancy). There's no save against this effect.
Then, the spell slays up to 320HD worth of the family, higher level targets first. The family members have a Fortitude saving throw DC = 20 + key ability modifier. If you make the save you instead take 12d6+80 untyped damage.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads