• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS 667 up

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I had a quick thought that the line numbers might be related to evil dragons in Three Dragon Ante, but I couldn't determine any conclusive pattern there. He probably did just pull some numbers out haphazardly.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Do the math: 44 minutes 16 seconds. And they're going to bring the celestial planes to their knees that that much time? I'm scared. And excited. :D

My guess is that they will attempt to control the next gate once the Order of the Stick is close to it and has defeated all other enemies...

Buck Godot

First Post
He probably did just pull some numbers out haphazardly.

Yep. Got it in one. ;)

Post by Rich over at GitP's forums:
Rich Burlew said:
They are just random numbers. There is no significance.

Not everything in the comic has a hidden meaning.

This, of course, led to lots of joking about "Aha! But is there a hidden meaning in the statement you just made!"

Needless to say, said thread went off the rails very quickly. :p

Aran Thule

First Post
I thought it was interesting that twisted pair copper can apparently transmit dragon breath effects, even if severely attenuated. Unless.., the lower planes already have a fiber rollout!!! :eek:

We already know that telesales people are hellspawn incarnate so it would make sense that the phone system in hell would be very advanced.
Also imagine the waiting music for hell's customer services department <shudders>

Part of me wonders what V's spell did to Tiamat. Do you think she ever spawned a dragon in the balck dragon's family line V wiped out? If so, what did the spell do to her/ her black dragon head?
It clearly didn't kill one head because Tiamat is calling on 5 lines at once, and the deity rules in 3e are pretty clear about divine immunities. All deities of Rank 1 or higher (i.e. Demigods and up) are completely immune to death effects (and polymorphing, energy drain, ability damage/drain, mind affecting effects, electricity, cold and acid, disease, poison, sleep, paralysis and disintegration). If all Black Dragons are descended from Tiamat, the spell probably hit her, she shrugged it off, but was really furious about what it did.

Remember that big line of victims on the other end of the cloud for processing into heaven after the Battle of Azure City? Tiamat's realm down in the lower planes just got roughly 1/4 of all black dragons (and black-dragon kin like half-dragons) showing up at once, due to a relatively low-level mortal with a grudge being handed the powers of what appears to have been one of (if not the) most powerful necromancer to have lived on that world by a trio of fiends that knew what the possible outcome would be since they knew quite well what the abilities of each of those spirits were.

In other words, Tiamat might be really angry at V, but she's smart enough to also blame the person who gave V that kind of firepower to begin with and know that if not for the IFCC's very out-of-the-ordinary meddling this would not have happened. Might Tiamat's legions of dragons now be another side in the "War on the Heavens" the IFCC want to start, with Chromatic Dragons against Fiends, and the Fiends trying to go against Celestials?

Also, this is the important part where V actually admitted he/she was wrong, and seems to have learned something. This appears to have really been the plot arc (soon to be a book I presume) where the OotS generally grew. Belkar learned to (feign) playing nicely with others, Haley had to deal with responsibility, Elan grew up even more than the whole "Cliffport Redemption" plotline with the whole Lord Kubota & Therkla story, Roy got a new focus after training with the spirit of his Grandfather in heaven, V learned humility and the limits of magical power, and it seems like only Durkon didn't have a major character advancement of some kind in this arc.

LordVyreth

First Post
You know, maybe Tiamat works a bit like Demogorgon. So one head is pissed about all her dead children and the other four are calling to congratulate them on making their children more powerful!

Remove ads