OotS 910

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Maybe they look like ninjas in wavelengths not visible to the normal human eye (that would explain why Scott sees them)

Are you insinuating that my bionic eyesight from the double lens replacement has expanded my eyesight? I am not going to confirm or deny this allegation.

frankthedm

First Post
That looks like a Gate spell, so there is enough power on Team Tarquin to cast 9th level spells. So Tarquin can have Malak Wished back. 9th level magic on the NPC's side can screw the PCs out of just about anything.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If a controlling vampire is destroyed, his thralls released as freewill, and is wished back to existance, would the thrall return to service? would Durkin return to serving Malak?

frankthedm

First Post
While in some editions the wording of the wish could be phrased so that the destruction never actually happened, the 3rd edition Wish is not strong enough to do so more than a single round after the event occurs.

Wish...
Undo misfortune. A wish can undo a single recent event. The wish forces a reroll of any roll made within the last round (including your last turn). Reality reshapes itself to accommodate the new result. For example, a wish could undo an opponent’s successful save, a foe’s successful critical hit (either the attack roll or the critical roll), a friend’s failed save, and so on. The reroll, however, may be as bad as or worse than the original roll. An unwilling target gets a Will save to negate the effect, and spell resistance (if any) applies.

Create Spawn (Su)
A humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by a vampire’s energy drain rises as a vampire spawn 1d4 days after burial.

If the vampire instead drains the victim’s Constitution to 0 or lower, the victim returns as a spawn if it had 4 or less HD and as a vampire if it had 5 or more HD. In either case, the new vampire or spawn is under the command of the vampire that created it and remains enslaved until its master’s destruction. At any given time a vampire may have enslaved spawn totaling no more than twice its own Hit Dice; any spawn it creates that would exceed this limit are created as free-willed vampires or vampire spawn. A vampire that is enslaved may create and enslave spawn of its own, so a master vampire can control a number of lesser vampires in this fashion. A vampire may voluntarily free an enslaved spawn in order to enslave a new spawn, but once freed, a vampire or vampire spawn cannot be enslaved again.

So even if Malak is wished back Durkon is still free.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I think Belkar is funny, and a benefit to this comic. But . . . am I the only one wondering when his prophesized death will arrive. It's been well over 300 comics since the Oracle said Belkar wasn't going to survive the year.

Bullgrit

MarkB

Legend
The prophet said that he would draw his last breath, ever, before the year was out - not that he wouldn't survive.

As we've seen with Durkon, there's plenty of room for interpretation.

Remove ads