• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Open-Minded Adventurers Wanted for Extravagant Planes-Hopping!

Kelleris

Explorer
Well, now, that is a problem. I'll post the IC thread this evening, but I'll make sure it's something that admits of having people join immediately for a while. :)

Kelleris

Explorer
The second game thread is up, here. Ashy, just walk in a character whenever you have one. The important thing is that you see the critter.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Skaith
Male Human (vampire bloodline)
Sorcerer 8
Neutral

Size: M (5'3", 132lbs)
Hit Dice: 8d8 + 8
HP: 43
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
AC: 13 (+2 armor, +0 Dex, +1 natural) [Touch attack 10 (+0 Dex)]
ACP: 0
BAB/Grapple: +6/+9
XP: 28,000 / 36,000 for level 9

Region: Caeldwyste

Attributes

Str: 17 (+3) [6 points, +1 racial, +2 gauntlets]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Cha: 20 (+5) [10 points, +2 level, +2 headband]

Attacks
Ghosthammer +10/+5 (1d8+5/x3, +1 ghost touch heavy mace)
MW cold iron dagger +7 (1d4+3/19-20/x2/10 ft range, dagger)

Melee Attack Modifier: +9 (+6 BAB, +3 Str)
Ranged Attack Modifer: +6 (+6 BAB, +0 Dex)
Parry: +6 (+6 BAB, +0 Dex)

Saves
Fortitude: +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Reflex: +2 [+2 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +11 [+6 base, +3 Wis, +2 Iron Will]

Skills (traded in Craft and Profession for Move Silently)
Bluff +16 [11 ranks, +5 Cha]
Climb +5 [0 ranks, +3 Str, +2 racial]
Concentration +12 [11 ranks, +1 Con]
Hide +2 [0 ranks, +0 Dex, +2 Stealthy]
Knowledge (arcana) +13 [11 ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +7 [11cc ranks, +2 Int]
Move Silently +13 [11 ranks, +0 Dex, + 2 Stealthy]
Search +4 [0 ranks, +2 Int, +2 racial]
Spellcraft +15 [11 ranks, +2 Int, +2 synergy]

Feats
Planar Touchstone [Caeldwyste] (bonus)
Eschew Materials (human bonus)
Iron Will (1st level)
Combat Casting (3rd level)
Spell Penetration (6th level)

Class Abilities
Arcane spells, simple weapon proficiency, major bloodline for free.

Racial Abilities
Free feat at first level, +4 skill points at level one, +1 skill point each additional level
+2 on Climb checks, Stealthy feat, Strength +1, Resistance to cold 5, vampire affinity +2, +1 natural armor, +2 on Search checks, Resistance to electricity 5.
Planar Touchstone
-Base ability - You gain cold resistance 6.
-Higher-order ability - Drawing on the power of Caeldwyste and the self-confidence taking down (very) large prey inspires, you may invoke the effects of a righteous might spell as a 10th-level Cleric once per day, except that the damage reduction is bypassed by cold iron instead of an aligned weapon. 3 higher-order uses.
Recharge Condition: Participate in a successful Odensjakt hunt. This entails hunting one of the mighty beasts of the tundra, alone or in a group of no more than 7, and claiming the kill for the people of Caeldwyste.

Languages
Common
Abyssal

Spells Known
Save DC +5 - Slots: 4/6/5/4/2
0th – acid splash, dancing lights, detect magic, disrupt undead, ghost sound, mage hand, message, read magic
1st – charm person, chill touch, expeditious retreat, magic missile, shocking grasp
2nd – blur, mirror image, summon swarm
3rd – lightning bolt, vampiric touch
4th – greater invisibility

Equipment

Ghosthammer (+1 ghost touch heavy mace[/I]) (8,612 gp) [8 lbs.]
2 masterwork cold iron daggers (608 gp) [2 lbs.]
Bracers of armor +2 (4,000 gp)
Cloak of resistance +2 (4,000 gp)

Headband of Charisma +2 (4,000 gp) [- lbs.]
Gauntlets of ogre power (4,000 gp)
Wand of magic weapon (2nd level caster) (1,500gp)
Traveler’s outfit [Worn, no weight]
Belt pouch (1 gp) [1/2 lb.]
Everburning torch (110gp) [1 lb.]
Potion of cat’s grace (300gp)
Backpack (2 gp) [2 lbs.]
~Bedroll (5 sp) [5 lbs.]
~Waterskin (1 gp) [4 lbs.]
~Trail rations (20 days worth) (10 gp) [20 lbs.]
~Winter blanket (5 sp) [3 lbs]
~4 sacks (4 sp) [2 lbs.]
~Tent (10 gp) [20 lbs.]

Carrying – 67.5 lbs., light load.

Money
135gp, 6sp

Appearance: Skaith's appearance is unnerving. He is so pale that at first glance, he looks more dead than alive and meticiously shaves his body daily, fastidiously removing all traces of hair. His pale skin is covered, from head to toe, with very, very tiny marks - symbols of his clan and history, written into his living flesh so that he will never forget the past. His teeth have all been filed to sharp, glittering points and his nails (which stick out of the ends of his large, bulky leather gauntlets are sharpened into talon-like points. His eyes are an ice-blue color that is so pale that they appear completely colorless, and like his thin, paper-like skin, show the veins and blood vessels beneath.

Skaith prefers pale brown colored clothing, accentutated by creme-colored shirts, scarves and dark brown leather accessories. These tend to be more on the side of fashion than functionality, but the man is not a fool - he knows a lifesaving tool or device when he sees one. His headband of charisma is one such tool, and the silver band, inlaid with ivory and tan jade is worn, like a thin line, above his hairless brows.

Personality: Skaith is a confusing dichotomy. A mixture of sadist and innocent child, a combination of acidic sarcasm and blissful ignorance, the man is, at best, difficult to understand and be around. So far this unusual nature has kept him a loner (not to mention his penchant for drinking blodd from time to time), however deep down Skaith desires companionship - complete and trusting friendship. Secretly, in his heart of hearts, he dreams to believe, like a fairy tale, that if he finds this perfect and truthful friendship that it might redeem his black and soiled soul.

The magic and the curse that runs through his veins, however, eternally pushes him towards taking the lives of others, so day after day, he continues struggling to resist. Occasionally, just to defy the monster within himself, he will use his magic to enhance himself and fight physically on the side of all that is good and just in order to resist the lure of his “tainted” magic as well as to "make a statement to his darker side".

Background: Skaith belongs to one of the oldest clans in all of Caeldwyste - a clan whose origins reach back nearly as far as anyone can remember. For reasons truly unknown, but widely speculated (and believed to be survival from the cold of the plane), one of Skaith's forefathers made a dark pact and lay with a vampiress. This act forever cursed his seed and lineage to bear the burden of the hunger for the blood of others in exchange for survival against the brutal environment of their home.

Whatever the reason and whoever was at fault, Skaith now bears the brunt of this curse, and eternally hungers for the blood of sentients. He has learned to slate his thirst by taking the blood of non-sentients, but this only works for a time before the hammering in his mind, ears, and soul becomes too much to bear.

The taking of life holds mixed emotions for Skaith - on one hand, he loves the power and the trill and the magical influx he gains from the blood, but on the other, he despises being controlled by anyone or anything. It was, in fact, this hatred of control which led him to spurn his clan and leave Caeldwyste for a life of random adventuring and exploration. Ironically and unintentionally, Skaith soon discovered that in this lifestyle, he had uncovered another weapon to use against his eternal thirst. Curisoity, it seemed, of a mystery unsolved, or of a horizon unwandered, could hold off the urges of his unholy hunger far longer than anything that he had ever tried or encountered.

And so, Skaith wanders, always thirsting and running from the shadows behind him, but always looking for something unknown. Luckily, there are many things that lie in the shadows before him.

Contacts
4 contacts total, 1 used:
- Rr'Tashk, githzerai sage and wizard in Dromus (knew Skaith's mother, Lyshha, more than he did Skaith)

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
And here's that same character with all the errors removed from making it at midnight after a long day...

Ashy said:
Here's a character that Isida was kind enough to craft for me... :)

Skaith
Male Human (vampire bloodline)
Sorcerer 8
Neutral

Size: M (5'3", 132lbs)
Hit Dice: 8d8 + 8
HP: 43
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft
AC: 13 (+2 armor, +0 Dex, +1 natural) [Touch attack 10 (+0 Dex)]
ACP: 0
BAB/Grapple: +6/+9
XP: 28,000 / 36,000 for level 9

Region: Caeldwyste

Attributes

Str: 17 (+3) [6 points, +1 racial, +2 gauntlets]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Cha: 20 (+5) [10 points, +2 level, +2 headband]

Attacks
Ghosthammer +10/+5 (1d8+5/x3, +1 ghost touch heavy mace)
MW cold iron dagger +7 (1d4+3/19-20/x2/10 ft range, dagger)

Melee Attack Modifier: +9 (+6 BAB, +3 Str)
Ranged Attack Modifer: +6 (+6 BAB, +0 Dex)
Parry: +6 (+6 BAB, +0 Dex)

Saves
Fortitude: +3 [+2 base, +1 Con]
Reflex: +2 [+2 base, +0 Dex]
Will: +11 [+6 base, +3 Wis, +2 Iron Will]

Skills (traded in Craft and Profession for Move Silently)
Bluff +16 [11 ranks, +5 Cha]
Climb +5 [0 ranks, +3 Str, +2 racial]
Concentration +12 [11 ranks, +1 Con]
Hide +2 [0 ranks, +0 Dex, +2 Stealthy]
Knowledge (arcana) +13 [11 ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (religion) +7 [11cc ranks, +2 Int]
Move Silently +13 [11 ranks, +0 Dex, + 2 Stealthy]
Search +4 [0 ranks, +2 Int, +2 racial]
Spellcraft +15 [11 ranks, +2 Int, +2 synergy]

Feats
Planar Touchstone [Caeldwyste] (bonus)
Eschew Materials (human bonus)
Iron Will (1st level)
Combat Casting (3rd level)
Spell Penetration (6th level)

Class Abilities
Arcane spells, simple weapon proficiency, major bloodline for free.

Racial Abilities
Free feat at first level, +4 skill points at level one, +1 skill point each additional level
+2 on Climb checks, Stealthy feat, Strength +1, Resistance to cold 5, vampire affinity +2, +1 natural armor, +2 on Search checks, Resistance to electricity 5.
Planar Touchstone
-Base ability - You gain cold resistance 6.
-Higher-order ability - Drawing on the power of Caeldwyste and the self-confidence taking down (very) large prey inspires, you may invoke the effects of a righteous might spell as a 10th-level Cleric once per day, except that the damage reduction is bypassed by cold iron instead of an aligned weapon. 3 higher-order uses.
Recharge Condition: Participate in a successful Odensjakt hunt. This entails hunting one of the mighty beasts of the tundra, alone or in a group of no more than 7, and claiming the kill for the people of Caeldwyste.

Languages
Common
Abyssal

Spells Known
Save DC +5 - Slots: 4/6/5/4/2
0th – acid splash, dancing lights, detect magic, disrupt undead, ghost sound, mage hand, message, read magic
1st – charm person, chill touch, expeditious retreat, magic missile, shocking grasp
2nd – blur, mirror image, summon swarm
3rd – lightning bolt, vampiric touch
4th – greater invisibility

Equipment

Ghosthammer (+1 ghost touch heavy mace[/I]) (8,612 gp) [8 lbs.]
2 masterwork cold iron daggers (608 gp) [2 lbs.]
Bracers of armor +2 (4,000 gp)
Cloak of resistance +2 (4,000 gp)

Headband of Charisma +2 (4,000 gp) [- lbs.]
Gauntlets of ogre power (4,000 gp)
Wand of magic weapon (2nd level caster) (1,500gp)
Traveler’s outfit [Worn, no weight]
Belt pouch (1 gp) [1/2 lb.]
Everburning torch (110gp) [1 lb.]
Backpack (2 gp) [2 lbs.]
~Bedroll (5 sp) [5 lbs.]
~Waterskin (1 gp) [4 lbs.]
~Trail rations (20 days worth) (10 gp) [20 lbs.]
~Winter blanket (5 sp) [3 lbs]
~4 sacks (4 sp) [2 lbs.]
~Tent (10 gp) [20 lbs.]

Carrying – 67.5 lbs., light load.

Money
144gp, 6sp

Appearance:

Personality: Basic idea was for him to find himself being drawn to evil, but fighting it. His magic keeps pushing him towards taking the lives of others, so sometimes he will use his magic to enhance himself and fight physically in order to resist the lure of his “tainted” magic.

Background:

Contacts
4 contacts

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
I think your aim is off, Isida. :D This is the old recruitment thread.

Man, I haven't even seen this in a while. Still, your skill check is duly noted.

Ashy

First Post
I've got some sad news gang - I'm going to have to drop this game. This site has been blocked from my work, and I simply do not have time to post from home in the evenings. Sorry, but I wish it were not the case just as much as you. :(

Kelleris

Explorer
Ashy said:
I've got some sad news gang - I'm going to have to drop this game. This site has been blocked from my work, and I simply do not have time to post from home in the evenings. Sorry, but I wish it were not the case just as much as you. :(

:eek: Now I'm embarassed. I had assumed the Dromus II game was closed by player consent since it's been so long since anyone posted. The last post was mine and the ball was (I think) in the players' court. My bad if I misunderstood.

Remove ads