Opening up 2nd level Characters

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
You can also retire a character to start a new one in that slot of 2 levels lower.

I think when we transfered the retirement rules from LEW it had allready been modified so that you can retire in favor of a character one level lower, rather than 2. You can replace a character that dies with one two levels lower, if the character isn't going to be brought back to life. (Admittedly, this adresses a tangent...)

rln

Explorer
A note on that last issue (I don't know where it was discussed before, let me know if you want me to move it):

I'd suggest allowing craft reserve to accumulate between levels, or at the very least, betwen the current and the previous level.

I've played an artificer in a Pen & Paper campaign and my opinion is that you'll likely run out of money before craft reserve, even if you take the Extraordinary artisan feat which reduces costs by 25%. And online campaigns tend to generate less than average value for the PCs.

Should an artificer save up his craft reserve, he'd be able to spend 1600 craft reserve at level 10 , which would typically require 40000 gold. I don't see it as terribly unbalancing.

Another aspect is that you'll often level in the middle of an adventure, with no chance to actually use your craft reserve except possibly on scrolls. Only through very careful planning ahead did I manage to use up all my craft reserve, and I still ended up with a truckload of scrolls.

Rystil Arden

First Post
If you can save up craft reserve, however, you can turn it into pure cash. I thought we were going to let them use their craft reserve from level 1 (or 2 also if they are level 3) during character creation by spending craft days.

Remove ads