Opinions on running Adimarchus from Shackled City

Direwolf82

First Post
My players have reached that stage in the campaign(13th lvl) where no matter how well prepared and powerful the opponents are they speed right through them with the incredible ammount of power they have garnered. Seeing how quickly they're starting to pace through the adventure path I had a good read of all the big, unique encounters to be had and the only one that has me sort of wondering exactly what he'd do is Adimarchus.

So far I figure adimarchus would open up with Blasphemy or Word of Chaos (which would absolutely cause a mess), then start tearing into anyone who for some reason wasn't affected or whoever seems most threatening. Of course who he attacks would change slightly depending on who has the sign of the smoking eye template.

Mostly I just want to hear other people's opinions on running him(entirely from the mechanical perspective).

Thanks for the help =)

zoroaster100

First Post
One thing you should note is that a Dungeon Magazine editor posted on Paizo's board a pretty important errata item for Adimarchus: he should have caster level 20th, not 30th, otherwise his Blasphemy will wipe out the whole party at the level they are supposed to be facing him.

Direwolf82

First Post
caster level 20th eh? that makes a bit more sense now. I'd realized that blasphemy and word of chaos would utterly destroy the party(and if somehow they survived they'd be confused like crazy). So in light of his lower caster level what would you suggest as far as running him to his deadliest? I ask mostly beacause the party I'm running Shackled city for is becoming extremely powerful (having a psion, rogue o'doom and radiant servant of pelor helps).

As far as posting his stats goes, would that be alright as far as general legal concerns and board regulations go? not really clear on it myself

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
We just fought Adimarchus and more or less got our buts handed to us the fight ended in a draw and we had 8 pcs all ranging from 15th to 19th level. But we also have a powergamer as a DM. Only one character death but all the spell casters where paralyzed from the blasphemy. He has 2 Forms and each form has 550 or so HP is the way I understand it and he can swap from angel to demon form as a free action. Sooner or later we will have to fight him again and I am dreading it.

Remove ads