Order of the Stick on hiatus

prosfilaes

Adventurer

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I've had a hand injury due to glass and I know others who have had hand surgeries recently- it can take months to regain full use of your hand, and the painkillers may have interesting side-effects. I had an ACL & MCL tear repaired by surgery, and my painkillers rendered me functionally illiterate the duration of my recovery: if I looked at any typed text the size you'd see in a book, newspaper or magazine, the letters moved like ants in a conga line.

Hope Burlew's recovery is damn close to ideal.

Celebrim

Legend
Rich needs a cleric. :(

Praying he makes a full recovery and soon, and not just because I'm going to miss his work. My wife used to joke when I was playing Ultimate that it was ok if I broke my leg, but I wasn't allowed to injure my hands. And I just type with mine. I'm sure losing ones dexterity is even tougher on an artist.

Janx

Hero
Rich needs a cleric. :(

Praying he makes a full recovery and soon, and not just because I'm going to miss his work. My wife used to joke when I was playing Ultimate that it was ok if I broke my leg, but I wasn't allowed to injure my hands. And I just type with mine. I'm sure losing ones dexterity is even tougher on an artist.

playing "Ultimate" what?

Either way, hand injuries suck. I use my hands for everything. they're how I hold my stuff.

Henry

Autoexreginated
In all seriousness, I wish Rich a complete and speedy recovery, and I'm really sorry to hear it. Having an injury that kills off your livelihood is a crappy situation, and after seeing a family member go though it, I sympathize completely.

On an odder note, given his creativity I really have to wonder what an OOTS written by Rich Burlew while hopped up on painkillers would look like? Talk about shades of technicolor awesome. :)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Noooo! How will I get my fix now. Oglaf? That strip about the gelatinous cube, rust monster and mimic? I hope he makes a recovery because I want to follow this story to its eventually conclusion.

playing "Ultimate" what?

Either way, hand injuries suck. I use my hands for everything. they're how I hold my stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_(sport) The sport of Ultimate Frisbee is largely now just called "Ultimate" because Frisbee is a trademark.

Best of wishes to Rich. Hopefully he has enough money left over from the Kickstarter to keep him in good condition while he heals. Guess I'll be reading through my copy of Start of Darkness a few times to hold me over.

As with others, my sympathies and hopes for a speedy and full recovery to Mr. Burlew.

Having an injured hand is bad enough, but when your very livelihood depends on your hands... I honestly can't imagine.

Thankfully it's not a career-ending injury, and for all the enjoyment he's provided to use over the years, the least we the fans can do is patiently wait until he's fully mended.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases