Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

TheLordWinter

First Post
2nd level Utility Powers

So I know a lot of folks out there are presently looking to advance the demo characters up to 2nd level, and since we know from the Rogue that we get Utility Powers at that point, I thought I might come up with a few. One for each class, though I'm afraid there's only one power for each class. Suggestions, modifications or comments would be appreciated:

2nd Level Utility Powers:

Sacrosanct Aura
Cleric Utility 2
"Your God lends a small measure of His or Her divine majesty to you, and your enemies find you difficult to engage in battle as you glow with power."
Encounter ♦ Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action; Close Burst 1
Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, all squares adjacent to you become difficult terrain and you gain Full Concealment.
Standard Sustain: You can sustain this power until the end of the Encounter.

Block
Fighter Utility 2
"You swing your weapon defensively, knocking aside an incoming attack."
Encounter ♦ Martial, Weapon
Immediate Reaction
Trigger: An enemy makes a successful melee attack against you.
Reduce the amount of damage suffered by 3. This can reduce the damage suffered to 0 but not below.
Special: If you have a shield equipped, reduce the damage by an additional 2.

Call to Sacrifice
Paladin Utility 2
"Seeing an ally in danger, you pray to your God to lend him or her some of your inner strength."
Encounter ♦ Divine, Implement
Immediate Reaction; Range 10
Trigger: When an attack successfully hits an ally.
Effect: You immediately lose a healing surge, and your ally gains your level plus x2 Charisma modifier Temporary Hit Points. You must have at least one healing surge remaining to use this power.

Surefooted Stalker
Ranger Utility 2
"Your experience tracking game has left your movements deft and sure. With concentration you are unhindered by even the most difficult terrain."
Encounter ♦ Martial
Minor Action
Personal
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you treat difficult terrain as normal terrain.
Sustain Minor: You can continue to use this power indefinitely.

Patron's Blessing
Warlock Utility 2
"Your supernatural patron makes certain to keep you alive to fulfill your contract."
Encounter ♦ Arcane
Immediate Reaction
Trigger: You are effected by a condition which will end with a saving throw.
You may immediately make a Saving Throw, at a +2 bonus.

Hold the Line!
Warlord Utility 2
"You choose where the line of battle is, and call an ally to your aid."
Encounter ♦ Martial
Move Action; Ranged 5
Target: One ally
Effect: Pull the target up to 3 squares.

Expand Spell
Wizard Utility 2
"Through sheer force of will, your spell blossoms outwards and effects a second target."
Encounter ♦ Arcane, Implement
Immediate Reaction
Trigger: You target an enemy with a spell.
Select an adjacent target to the first, they are also effected by the spell. This has no effect on Area Effect spells.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Okay, I was getting on to get some stuff for our 4E playtest tonight (starting in about 10-15 minutes) and saw those new utilities. Since the group is very close to leveling, by my estimates, I thought I'd go ahead and get those for them.

I went ahead and updated the PowersOCC (front page, first post, version0-4-or the link in mysig) because I thought someone else might need them.

Nice work Lord Winter.

I'm making progress on the others and ought to have something else updated eitherlate tonight or early tomorrow.

g'night all

TheLordWinter

First Post
Since we don't have anything official yet from Wizards, I thought I'd try to take some of what we did have and do a class write-up for the Warlord, for those looking to use it in their demo games. Some ideas shamelessly stolen from the Dragonborn Warlord Pre-Gen thread, and most taken from preview material which has been released sans crunch. This includes the earlier posted edit to White Raven Onslaught. Also, now with more "Feather Me Yon Oaf!"

Warlord

“We may be fleeing, and we may be wounded, and we may need to regroup... but beaten? No, we are not that – we will never be that.”

Class Traits
Role: Leader. You manage the battlefield, helping your allies to be in the critical position to defeat the enemy or providing them with the needed push towards success.
Power Source: Martial. Your talents depend on extensive training and constant practice, innate skill, and natural coordination.
Key Abilities: Strength, Intelligence and Charisma

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution Score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution Modifier

Trained Skills: Diplomacy plus three others from the following list: Acrobatics (Dexterity), Athletics (Strength), Endurance (Constitution), History (Intelligence), Insight (Wisdom), Intimidate (Charisma), Perception (Wisdom)

Class Features: View the Field, Lead from the Front, Warlord Tactics, Rally the Troops (see Powers)

Warlords excel at either maintaining a wide view of the battlefield and commanding their troops or charging into the thick of combat and inspiring others by their example. They are consummate warriors who know the value of putting one's whole effort into a battle, and also when to flee. They direct their allies across the field, motivate them to fight harder and struggle to keep them safe.

Warlord Class Features
All Warlords have the following class features.

View the Field
When not engaged in melee, the Warlord grants all allies within 10 squares a +1 bonus to attack rolls as he or she directs them where to strike.

Lead from the Front
When making a Charge action, a Warlord adds an additional +1 bonus to the attack roll, and inflicts +1d6 damage if the attack hits.

Warlord Tactics
Warlords generally come from two established ranks, either well studied academics who have learned military strategy at the feet of masters of the craft, or generals in the field who have discovered first-hand what works best and how to inspire the loyalty of their soldiers. Choose one of the following:
Battlefield Veteran: When using the Rally the Troops Power, the Warlord may add double his or her Charisma modifier.
Master Tactician: When the Warlord moves an ally, they may move an additional number of spaces equal to the Warlord's Intelligence modifier.

At-will Powers
Breakthrough
Warlord Attack 1
"With a battle cry of victor you lead your allies by example, breaking through the enemy's lines."
At-will ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier plus you may target an ally within 5 squares and pull him 1 square.

Distracting Attack
Warlord Attack 1
"You attack your foes carefully and precisely, stealing away the enemy's attention to leave the vulnerable for your ally's attack."
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. Will
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage plus target ally within 5 squares gains a bonus to hit the enemy you attacked equal to your Charisma modifier.

Encounter Powers
Hammer and Anvil
Warlord Attack 1
"You rain blows down upon your foe, creating an opportunity for your ally to attack when the enemy least suspects it."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage plus an adjacent ally may make a basic melee attack.
Battlefield Veteran: Your ally may add your Charisma modifier as a bonus to hit.

Feather me Yon Oaf!
Warlord Attack 1
"You shout a command and then assault your foe, moving aside as an ally moves into position to simultaneously rains attacks down from afar."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Special: You may shift 1 square after performing this attack, prior to your ally's attack.
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage plus an ally within 10 squares of you may perform a basic ranged attack on the same target.
Master Tactician: You may slide your ally up to 2 squares before he or she performs the basic ranged attack.

Rally the Troops
Warlord Healing 1
"Your speech strikes deeply in your allies' hearts, and feelings of doubt seem to wash away. Your powerful words make them forget the pain of their wounds and fight on ignoring their injuries."
Encounter ♦ Martial, Healing
Standard Action; Close Burst 10
Effect: Allies within range may spend a healing surge and gain additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.

Daily Powers
Pin the Foe
Warlord Attack 1
"No matter where your foe turns, one of your allies is waiting for him."
Daily ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, the target cannot shift if at least two of your allies (or you and one ally) are adjacent to it.

White Raven Onslaught
Warlord Attack 1
"You lead the way with a powerful attack, using your success to create an opportunity for one of your allies. Each of your comrades in turn seizes on your example and begins to display true teamwork."
Daily ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you slide an adjacent ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever you or an ally within 10 squares of you makes a successful attack, target an adjacent ally and slide him or her 1 square.
Miss: Choose one ally within 10 squares. Until the end of the encounter, after making a successful attack, the ally may choose one adjacent ally and slide him or her 1 square.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Let me start with... Wow. I was really stumped on how to best pre-present the warlord, but this really pegs it. That said, some revisions.

TheLordWinter said:
At-will Powers
Breakthrough
Warlord Attack 1
"With a battle cry of victor you lead your allies by example, breaking through the enemy's lines."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier and one ally within 5 squares may shift 1 square as an immediate action.

Distracting Attack
Warlord Attack 1
"You attack your foes carefully and precisely, stealing away the enemy's attention to leave the vulnerable for your ally's attack."
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged weapon
Attack: Melee or Ranged vs. Will
Hit: 1[W] + Int modifier damage
Effect: Hit or miss, one ally within 5 squares of the target gains a +2 power bonus to attack it until the start of your next turn.

Encounter Powers
Hammer and Anvil
Warlord Attack 1
"You rain blows down upon your foe, creating an opportunity for your ally to attack when the enemy least suspects it."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage plus an adjacent ally may make a basic melee attack.
Battlefield Veteran: Your ally may add your Charisma modifier as a bonus to the basic attack.
Over all, again truly awesome. I made the changes i did as suggestions based on the "build-a-power" database I created using existing revealed information. The revisions better line up with current material, at least until we learn more about the power structure in general.

Last edited:

Jack99

Adventurer
Originally Posted by TheLordWinter
At-will Powers
Breakthrough
Warlord Attack 1
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier and one ally within 5 squares may immediately shift 1 square as a free action.

Not to nit-pick, but shouldn't it be may shift 1 square (immediately) as an immediate action?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
hmm. probably, though if they've already used an immediate action, nothing happens. I suppose that's more balanced though. Corrected.

TheLordWinter

First Post
malcolm_n said:
Let me start with... Wow. I was really stumped on how to best pre-present the warlord, but this really pegs it. That said, some revisions.

Over all, again truly awesome. I made the changes i did as suggestions based on the "build-a-power" database I created using existing revealed information. The revisions better line up with current material, at least until we learn more about the power structure in general.

Thank you very much for the help, it's much appreciated. I believe that, for Breakthrough, shift was a bit different than what my intent was however. Pull, much like shift, doesn't provoke OAs and in addition it means the character must move towards the Warlord (the goal, since the Warlord is moving ahead and leading by example). With the ability to simply shift instead of pull, the Warlord can break into the phalanx of Hobgoblins and the Rogue can turn around and run.

The others I'm really diggin', thank you for the assists!

Firevalkyrie

First Post
A little love for the fighter...

At-will Powers
Dancing Strike
Fighter Attack 1
"With a flurry of footwork, you pass by your enemy into a more favorable position."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier and shift with your target's square as the starting point.

Encounter Powers
Overwhelming Strike
Fighter Attack 1
"After your weapon sinks home you press forward with all your might, knocking your foe to the ground."
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier and target is knocked prone.

Remove ads