Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

neceros

Adventurer
This is exactly the reason I'm looking forward to fourth edition. And we aren't even released, yet.

In previous editions I had a sense of dread and foreboding towards anything not officially released. Balance was a huge issue. However, with the new edition it just seems to easy to be able to create new articles without much trouble.

I can't wait to see what everyone invents.

On a side note, are you looking only for feats, powers, classes, fluff, etc? Trying to figure out if my character sheet belongs here or not.

Happy gaming!

VBMEW-01

First Post
Well beyond all else I'm glad to throw you a link in my top post and in the end page of all the files (already one in Keterys')

There's always room for something

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The PDFs look great, thanks VB. (Mind if I call you VB?)

I think I might up the rate of my monster postings. See if I can catch up to Keterys. (Wish me luck!) I will also take requests, or challenges, if you have a fig or picture you want me to re-imagine.

I'll post a few more soon.

Fitz

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Here's another horrible one. I think I first used these in 1991. They should scare the pants off your players if you do it right.

Let me know if you spot any problems.

Skeletal Flayer Level 11 Skirmisher
Medium Natural Animate (Undead) XP
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +8, Darkvision
HP 106 Bloodied 53
Speed 8 Climb 8
AC 19 Fort 21 Ref 14 Will 19
m Barbed Rake (Standard, At-Will)
+11 vs AC; 1D10+3 damage AND see Armor Rend
M Flailing Rakes
May make two Barbed Rake Attacks
Armor Rend
Target makes an immediate saving throw. If save fails, target’s Armor is damaged. Target takes an accumulative –1 to AC. If AC provided by armor reaches 0 or if the target is not wearing armor, see Flay
Flay
A Rake attack against an unarmored target tears skin from muscle.
+12 vs Fort, 1D10+3 AND Ongoing 5 damage. Save ends.
C Eerie Shriek (Minor, Encounter) * Fear
Close Burst 5, +9 vs Will; Targets are Immobilized
Alignment Unaligned Languages None
Skills Stealth +14
Str 17 (+8) Con 18 (+9) Dex 16 (+9) Int 3 (+2) Wis 15 (+7) Cha 14 (+7)

Skeletal Flayers are covered in tiny sharp barbs. They flail with their skeletal hands, slapping at opponents. The barbs catch and hold fast to cloth, armor, and skin, which the Skeletal Flayers then tear away from their opponents. They tend to stretch the skin of their victims over their skulls like a shroud.

As skeletons, the Flayers are very light for their strength, and the barbs allow them to climb any surface with ease. It is not uncommon for an adventurer’s first encounter with Skeletal Flayers to be when they spot them crawling along the ceiling.

The Skeletal Flayers make strange noises, and will often let out an eerie shriek, horrible to hear.

More to come!
Fitz

Last edited:

FireLance

Legend
VBMEW-01 said:
FireLance a preview of my formatting is included below...work for you?
Looks good to me. By the way, Shroomy pointed out that the spider ought to have a Climb speed in the pro-4e site thread. Could you add a Climb 6 to the speed entry? Thanks! :)

VBMEW-01

First Post
I fixed the speed FireLance, and it will be up in version0-4. Should get that posted once I get another monstr submission (I've got fritz's creepy critter to do but I want 2 to update).

I've got dnd this morning but I should have the new class OOC up by this evening (gods willing)

EDIT-I am having a time finding a pic for that thing, any ideas?

Last edited:

VBMEW-01

First Post
lol well your pic helped Clight, but the tinker wasn't what I was talking about (twas the skeletal flayer..still stumping me picture-wise)

I got a preview of the class up (first post or the link in my sig, check it out and let me know) and I plan on building one using Quickleaf's gnome (with a note of reference of course) and putting its Pregen sheet in the back of the file along with power cards for the encounter and daily abilities.

This all is, of course, up to you Clight101 and Quickleaf, as I wouldn't dare infringe.

The Fkeletal Flayer is built Fritz, but I'm going to wait to update the MonstrousOOC here until I add a couple of more critters (waiting on submissions for that).

Well that's about it for an update. Keep it coming folks, I'm loving this.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I suppose any old weaponless skeleton would do, if the pictured flayer didn't have a single victim yet. I really like the skin-as-shoud-mask though, but it's pretty hard to find. I kind of picture the cover to the movie Frighteners, but with blood-crusted skin instead of it being white.

Fitz

I'm on a skeleton kick. Expect more soon.

Fitz

Remove ads