• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OSSEUM) Get these Fine Products!

Osseum Adam

First Post
Osseum Entertainment is proud to announce that you can now find our great Publishers' products not only in the finest hobby and game shops around, but also in the finest booksellers as well!

That's right, Osseum Entertainment Publishers can also be found in Waldenbooks, Borders, Amazon.com, and soon Barnes & Noble, B. Dalton, Hastings, Musicland and more!

Check your hobby shop, hit up your bookstore, and find what you are looking for!

Also, our latest Order Form has been posted, so you can use it to order from your favorite shop (or, if you are a retailer, from your favorite distributor!):

http://www.osseum.com/search-bin/hyperseek.cgi?ID=1023367669

Thanks!

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Osseum Adam said:
Osseum Entertainment is proud to announce that you can now find our great Publishers' products not only in the finest hobby and game shops around, but also in the finest booksellers as well!

That's right, Osseum Entertainment Publishers can also be found in Waldenbooks, Borders, Amazon.com, and soon Barnes & Noble, B. Dalton, Hastings, Musicland and more!

Check your hobby shop, hit up your bookstore, and find what you are looking for!

Also, our latest Order Form has been posted, so you can use it to order from your favorite shop (or, if you are a retailer, from your favorite distributor!):

http://www.osseum.com/search-bin/hyperseek.cgi?ID=1023367669

Thanks!

do you have alist of publishers that are working with/for osseum? If so can you post them here?

JoeGKushner

First Post
There's quite a few from what I remember...

Green Ronin
Mystic Eye
Badaxe Games

Those are just off the top of my head. Hopefully we'll see some more community style work where elements of each are incorporated into other parts. I think it's great the ME has Freeport in The Hunt for example.

MEG Hal

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
There's quite a few from what I remember...

Green Ronin
Mystic Eye
Badaxe Games

Those are just off the top of my head. Hopefully we'll see some more community style work where elements of each are incorporated into other parts. I think it's great the ME has Freeport in The Hunt for example.

as well as:
Thunderhead Games
Gaslight Games
Dark Portal
Bastion Press
2WS
United Playtest
and more....

and The Hunt also has Bluffside in it as well:D

roytheodd

First Post
I hate to be a poop, but I personally think that seeing roleplaying books (especially small press) in mass market stores is hurtful to the industry. The industry can survive with Toys R Us selling Hasbro games. The industry can survive with 7-11 and Wal-Mart selling ccgs. The industry can even stay afloat with dot-coms selling for cheap online. But when the only function left to the mom-and-pop game store is to consolidate games into one store and/or to increase public awareness of new product, then they are already obsolete. RPGs in mass market stores will break the camel's back in my opinion.

Lady Dragon

First Post
In a perfect world there would be a gaming store in every city and no would have to struggle to find the books that they want but unfortunately that not true.I happen to live in one of the ten biggest metro areas in the U.S. and I can count on one hand the number of full gaming store in the area The nearest one to me is over twenty miles through very heavy traffic.On the other hand I have a Borders bookstore less than a mile away.I do however make the trek to my favorite local gamestore a couple times a week mostly cause I like the people.But I think a lot of people won't do that and the more people that play the games and buy the products the better off we all are.

Mystic Eye

First Post
Some 50% of the official WOTC D&D sales are in the mass market stores such as Border's/ Walden's. That has not appeared to have hurt the small gaming store but it sure as heck helps WOTC.
I believe that, as Lady Dragon pointed out, there are many who have no local game/hobby store and NEED the mass market stores to get their gaming fix. I also believe there is the causual RPG buyer who represents a large amount of that 50% that is not sold in hobby/game stores. These people probably don't go into the hobby-mom and pop shops at all.

These large amounts of extra sales do help our cash flow a great deal while expanding our market to those who have not likely seen us before. Already, the mass market sales have had a significant impact on our cash flow and are allowing us to produce more, higher quality products.
I don't believe that this really hurts the hobby stores at all. Well, maybe in some areas of the country but I think this is remote. Again, the reason is that apparently there are tons of RPG buyers that only buy in mass market stores, otherwise the mass market share could not be so big for WOTC, White Wolf and the few others that have been in the mass market trade.

Just my observations but we are very new to the mass market trade so we shall see.

MEG Hal

First Post
also the book trade may not take all of a companies books which ,eans a new "fan" from the book trade may have to go to a hobby shop to get the older stuff or ones the book trade does not have, so more exposure means more business overall, at least that is one advantage I can see that will be pro hobby shop.

Nikchick

Explorer
roytheodd said:
I hate to be a poop, but I personally think that seeing roleplaying books (especially small press) in mass market stores is hurtful to the industry.

Absolutely not!

In fact, I would say just the opposite: companies that can't make sales into the book trade are companies that can't maintain the level of sales necessary to support a staff that wishes to live above poverty level!

There are many many small publishers who don't have that need or desire, and those folks can and will stick around for years on end, putting out product that pleases them, that gains critical acclaim in hobby circles, and that sells at a level that makes their business a profitable hobby or an rewarding side-line interest that never replaces their "real job" in some other sector.

For those of us who wish to make a *living* doing this, we need to expand into the book trade. It means that our small press products are reaching the tens of thousands of casual game buyers who never set foot into a hobby game store. It means selling our D&D-compatible products to all those people who bought the Players Handbook and the DMG at a Wladen Books and never knew there was anything else unless they saw it on the shelf at the same time! WotC sold more roleplaying books into the book trade than into the hobby sector, by far. The book chains will never replace a good game store, with knowledgable staff and a full selection, but those stores are virtually unknown or unavailable to the majority of the WotC customers who bought the core books in book stores. If anything, availability of a wider selection of game products in the book trade raises awareness and drives customers to seek out a wider variety of material: good for the industry!

Nicole

Osseum Adam

First Post
Well, I don't feel I need to add anything here!

To address the question of who our publishing partners are, however, the list is below:

Green Ronin Publishing
Mystic Eye Games
Thunderhead Games
Auran
Bard's Productions
Second World Simulations
Bastion Press
Gaslight Press
United Playtest, Inc.
Bad Axe Games

and new to the group:
Dark Portal Games