[OT] A problem with Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.

Darklance

First Post
I've asked this on several Anime forums but I could not get an answer. People were discussing the movie awhile back here so I thought I'd give it a try.

I just got Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust...I pop it in my DVD player and start it up. Right at the menu screen I hear a kind of staticy sound. I think Its my imagination and start it up....as the screen wooshes past the graves I hear it again...by the time it plays the opening for the title screen it is crackeling all over the place. It is not constant but it seems to do it at the same points over and over.

The DVD does not have any scratches or smear marks and the player is fairly new. Everything is pretty much mint.

I don't know anyone else who has the DVD so they could bring it over and try it on my player so thats out. The one other person I know with a player has his covered in food crumbs so I don't want to try my DVD in his player.

Does anyone have this problem? Anyone know a good place where I could ask questions about it? Thanks for your time.

Averil Wehstrom

First Post
I watched my DVD copy for the first time last night, and did not have any sound problems. My bet is that your DVD is simply a bad print (I work in the movie retail buisness, so I see this a lot).

Tsyr

Explorer
Agreed, it just happens sometimes.

I've got around 200-ish DVDs, and have probably had to return 3-6 of them in my life for this reason... flawless disc on a visual inspection, but just didn't burn right. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Remove ads