[OT]Blind Guardian - A night at the Opera

Asmo

First Post
I manged to get my hands on Blind Guardians latest offering, "A night at the Opera" and I must say that I´m completely blown way. If you thought that " Nightfall in Middle-earth" was good (wich it is) this is a huge improvement.
BG manages to take their music to a new, incredible level, and with that manages to revitalize a scene filled with zillions of Helloween-clones. As usual, Hansi Kursch delivers. His singing is simply put, amazing. So filled with emotions and yet so much raw power. Tomas Stauch does a marvellous job behind the drums, this guy is amazing!
But it´s all about the songs on this album: from the brilliant opener "Precious Jerusalem" to the epic,last song on the album " And then there was silence", wich probably is one of the best song I´ve ever heard.
This is a perfect record, a brilliant mix of the best from "Imaginations from the other side" and "Nightfall in Middle-earth"
This record is an absolute must for all that loves epic metal.
Asmo

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Cool, I'll have to check d'at.

I recently bought Nightfall in Middle-earth and was pretty unimpressed.

I've only ever liked The Wizard' Crown, Lord of the Rings, and Mordred's Song from those guys. I'm trying.

Seeing as this is a metal thread, there may be people who don't yet know that Paul Baloff- vocalist for Exodus- died recently. I love Exodus, saw them live. Best thrash band I can think of. Sorry to see the guy go.

Moulin Rogue

First Post
Glad to hear it! 2001 wasn't as good for metal as 2000 was, IMO.... if the upcoming Rhapsody CD is as good as I hope, this will be a very good year.

Remove ads