[OT] Brush with greatness

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
So, I was in my FLGS today for my regular money-wasting. The owner and I were standing around discussing various geeky things, when all of a sudden a limo pulls out in front. You'll never believe who got out.

screech.jpg

That's right, Screech baby!! He came in and bought a huge stack of "How-to-draw-manga" books, and a couple t-shirts. Apparently he's in town doing an act at the local comedy club.

I don't know which is sadder, the fact that Screech is doing acts at comedy clubs, or the fact that meeting him was a high point in my life :)

Angcuru

First Post
Both. Tho it is understandable to feel a bit awed when you meet someone whom EVERYONE has heard of. I bumped into Ozzy in the breakfast area of an Ohio Hilton when I was 11, 12....something, whoopdeedoo.:rolleyes:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
My wife and I rubbed elbows with Rita Moreno while visiting New York City. Once, in Washington, D.C., I briefly intimidated Natalie Merchant. At a convention here in Houston, I did my level best to not laugh at Steve Jackson, and a friend and I walked out of a game demo (I forget the system) being conducted by Gary Gygax.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Lets see, living in downtown Toronto, Canada at the University of Toronto - where hollywood does an amazing ammount of its movies - I have bumped into or seen:

Jennifer Love Hewitt
Greg Kinear
Denzel Washington
Kate Hudson
Kim Katrel(sp?) (sex and the city)
Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas
That kid who is in the new Terminator movie

and a couple others whom I cannot recall at this moment.

Cheers,

Tewligan

First Post
Screech rides in a limo? Are you sure he wasn't actually the chauffer, and just stopping by the store while he was off-duty?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Generally speaking, the closer people are to forty, the more people wish they looked fifteen...

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Tewligan said:
Screech rides in a limo? Are you sure he wasn't actually the chauffer, and just stopping by the store while he was off-duty?

It was the "limo" used by the comedy club to transport "celebrities" to and from the "airport." All of those things are much, much smaller than their words would indicate, hence the quotes :)

durath

First Post
Dustin Diamond visited the local comedy club around here(St. Louis) once or twice. I caught his show once and he is actually rather funny.

Remove ads