• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] EnWorld Fantasy Basketball

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Is it me, or is this thread stuck?

Edit: Nevermind. I delete cookies (again) and internet files (again) and it is unstuck for me.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Ok who do we have so far? So I can PM or email them the password first before opening it up.

I'll keep things to default as I think drop outs are inevitable .

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Krug said:
Ok who do we have so far? So I can PM or email them the password first before opening it up.

I'll keep things to default as I think drop outs are inevitable .
I'm (still) in. :)

--The Sigil

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The list looks like this (I believe) so far:

Mistwell
Krug
The Sigil
Johnsemlak
Black Omega
Dagger
Doppleganger
Nebin
El Ravager

9 people is getting close, but we could still use a few more people.

Doppleganger

First Post
Yeah, just say the word when there's a next step to follow. I rarely ever post, but I've been browsing the boards daily for years, so I'll be watching.....

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Krug said:
Just checked and Yahoo! ain't ready yet. If things change let me know and I'll start the league. :)
Even if Yahoo isn't ready, Krug, might it be a possibility to finalize our list of owners as of, say, 9/30/03 (assuming we have a large enough number), hold a draft lottery, and start our own draft by posting to this (or another) thread once the order is determined?

e.g. One post might read:

With the #1 overall Pick, the Dwarven Dunkers select C Shaquille O'Neal. The Mistwell Maulers are on the clock

The next post, by Mistwell, might be:

With the #2 overall pick, the Mistwell Maulers select PF Tim Duncan. The Kaj. Roundball Lions are on the clock.

etc.

Just figured it would let people have a little more control over their teams rather than setting up Yahoo to make all the picks automatically. Also would help keep a team from having a bunch of good SFs and SGs but no PGs or Cs, for example.

I hope my intent is clear here... though I know it may be more work for you as commissioner to add the picks in (I haven't tried "importing" a live draft into Yahoo before). A cutoff 9/30/03 gives us about a month before the start of the season to get through several rounds of drafting - if we can get through one round every three days (not hopelessly optimistic) we could conceivably get through about 10 rounds before the season starts. And my guess is Yahoo! will be up before then, allowing us to take a look at the players' stats and make our plans and adjustments accordingly.

Am I making sense?

--The Sigil

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads