• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OT - Favorite Discworld Character

Who is your favorite Discowrld character?

• Rincewind

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The Librarian

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Archchancellor Ridcully

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Susan Sto Helit

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Granny Weatherwax

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Nanny Ogg

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Commandeer Vimes

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Captain Carrot

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • The Patrician

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.3%

Staffan

Legend
EricNoah said:
However, am I right in assuming this is some sort of science fiction book or series? If so we have a forum for that topic, and I'll move it over there.
Eric, are you telling me you're a 20th level loremaster who hasn't heard of Discworld? For shame! Go hunt down a copy of The Colour of Magic, Guards! Guards! or Wyrd Sisters and start reading!

Sulimo

First Post
Ouch!!! how can I choose just one, when there are so many amazing characters....

OK. Capt Carrot, I choose you!

Last edited:

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Staffan said:

Eric, are you telling me you're a 20th level loremaster who hasn't heard of Discworld? For shame! Go hunt down a copy of The Colour of Magic, Guards! Guards! or Wyrd Sisters and start reading!
My whole world view just collapsed, can it be? I cannot believe it! I won't! The greatest fantasy series ever put down on paper (beats the crap out of that puny LotR crap).

* Goes and sulks in a corner *

PS. My fav character (besides Death) has to be the Librarian.

Oh, nobody gives me a vote. :(

I had to choose Granny, alone for "inbook" reason.

But in reallife, it was a really tough call - any character is interesting, funny and remarkable.

Mustrum Ridcully

Tolen Mar

First Post
What? No way to vote for Ghengis Cohen and the Silver Horde?

How can it not be cool to read about a bunch of geriatrics who have avoided getting killed for so long they dont even need to think about it anymore (or even can)? Besides, how cool is it that their leader wears Diamond Dinchewers?

I ask you, would you want to face down a barbarian with diamond teeth?

kengar

First Post
I know I left quite a few off, but I had to stop somewhere! :D

And Eric? Shame on you for not having known/read Discworld! ;)

Remove ads