[OT] Fun in Norway and Denmark?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Oh -- and thanks to everyone else for their information (and congratulations) as well -- I'm keeping a list of locations for me and my fiancee to look through. Psionicist, Mark, Zander, møgøre, Illuminae, the suggestions, advice, links, and congrats are much appreciated!

Daniel

Dispater

Explorer
There's a couple of fjords worth visiting... you should visit Bergen and Trondheim if u can. Perhaps worth while is taking a backpacker trip up in the mountains/highland, where you walk from cabin to cabin. For this you can get good suggestions routes from the tourist office.

IMHO Oslo (being my home town) is not all that interesting. Well, we've got a medieval castle there, some viking museums and... yeah Vigerlandsparken is OK, if you like sculputures and stuff. Its also got a decent nightlife... but beaware Norway generally is very expensive compared to the World (tm).

Also the south coast of Norway is absolutely lovely in the summer, teeming with boat life in all the coastal towns (Risoer, Krageroe, Stavanger, Kristiansand).

Best of luck.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Hi, folks! I'm posting from an Internet cafe in the Oslo train station now, as we wait for the Oslo-Bergen train to arrive. I want to thank everyone for the advice! When I get home in a week or two, I'll post some stuff from the trip, along with some gaming thoughts (including ideas about sacrificial bogs and other sacred places).

Daniel

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hi there - we miss you!

I'm really jealous; the Bergen-Flam rail line is incredibly, incredibly beautiful.

Last edited:

Hmm... too bad I didn't spot this thread earlier. I hope the missus and you got around the National Museum in Copenhagen too - there's a big exhibition right now about the amazing stuff from the pre-viking era found in sacrificial bogs.

Last edited:

Remove ads