[OT... I think] Vancouver, BC groups / stores

bramadan

First Post
Simmilar answer to the most.
-Imperial is the best (and has now become easier to get to due to fast Richmond bus).
-4th and Arbutus Comic Shop is most convenient (for me at least as I go to UBC).
-Big Pete's on Londesdale and 2nd or 3rd in the North Van is often the fastest one to get stuff; particularily WotC stuff and is also the only one arround I have ever seen give discount on the relatively new items.
-Golden Age at Granville and Robson is OK but really more of the commics/colectibles store then a game store. Sometimes they get stuff fast sometimes they dont get it at all.
-Games People sucks. They are too expensive and generaly unhelpfull.
-Tazman comics on Hastings in Burnaby used to be good but is going downhill now; still they have a lot of old stuff rather heavily discounted.

Out groop is rather packed at the moment but if you get realy desperate you can try Alternate Reality club up at SFU - they play quite regularily altrough they are quite munchkiny for my taste.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I missed an important fact in my previous post (luckily susequent posters picked up my slack)

The Games People is the worst game store in this (or any other) city.

Crazily expensive product + retarded staff doesn't win you many points with me.

Their selection of old out-of-print stuff is, however, good.

kilted Frog

First Post
I have to say that Imperial Hobbies and Games in Richmond is far the best gaming store around... it's a tough commute for me, living in Surrey (yes, I admit it), but is worth it everytime.

Directions? You can find Imperial Hobbies and games on #3 Road, between Alderbridge Way and Westminster Hwy... it's directly across from Landsdowne Mall, on the west side of #3 Road... hope this helps somebody...

As for gaming, I'm in two groups, one where I DM.... the one where I play is sort of over-full (6 players, 1 DM), and the one I DM is semi-full (4 players, 1 DM).... can you tell I like 5 players at the table? <chuckle> I don't think I can help you, though, since it's not my place we play at.... I'll try to keep you apprised...

omedon

First Post
I have a question about Imperial Hobbies. Do they jack up their prices at all or do they sell everything at the cover price? I have noticed that a lot of gaming stores will sell the core books at cover price but put price stickers on all other products, usually with inflated prices.

kilted Frog

First Post
As far as I can recall, they don't mark the price up... if they do, it's a lot less then other gaming stores... plus, when you make a purchase there, they usually give you a card for 10% off the next time you're in there, which helps....

Geist

First Post
the price stickers arent always a inflated price. unfortunatly with a fluxuation exhance rate for the canadian dollar the pric on the back of the books is a suggested retail price based on the market value of the dollar at that time. however if the value of our dollar drops the store has to increase the price of the book a bit so they still make a profit since they have to spend more to get it.

however yes some stores just makr up their prices like crazy cuz theyre stupid mofo's

Remove ads