• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT} Jack the ripper case... solved?

der_kluge

Adventurer
I saw a thing on TV about this a while back. Her (the author's) argument is pretty convincing when you consider that Sickert (the accused artist) drew numerous paintings featuring prostitutes and mutilated people.

KnowTheToe

First Post
I have heard at least 2 convincing arguements on different suspects. I think these investigators/authors should spend thier energy trying to solve current cases, it is not like we have any shortage to unsolved murders.

Drawmack

First Post

check here - http://www.casebook.org/

Acctually her theroy is flawed on the basis that it heavily relies on the letters. Most believe the letters to be faked.

Anyway most who study the case believe that the murder has been found out about 10 years ago. The first ever JTR book, which was written by one of the lead detectives, states - we knew who the murderer was at the time but lacked the evidence to convict. About 10 years ago a copy of this book that belonged to the other lead investigator was found. It had a named scrolled in the margin next to this statement. When the person that the name belonged to was investigated it was found that they had opportunity, motive, knowledge of the area, and were put into an assylum right after the last murder.

Dingleberry

First Post
It always bothered me that John Ritter's character on "Three's Company" was named Jack Tripper - you know, Jack T(he)ripper. No wonder they had to keep replacing the blonde roommate.

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
I've always liked Alan Moore's take

on the Ripper. He did a great deal of research, and his theory works quite well, imo (well, the time-tripping delusions of the killer are entirely strange, but don't remove the reasonableness of the arguement)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads