• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT, Miniatures] Need Help

Tolen Mar

First Post
Wow!

Barendd Nobeard said:

Go to Disount Hobby (a.k.a. Dragglestown) and search the Thunder Bolt Mountain minis for the King Arthur line. Here's the URL: http://www.discounthobby.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DIS&Category_Code=TBMA

They come 2 to a set - mounted and unmounted! So, if one looks good, you will get two matching minis.

Good luck!

Thanx for that link! Those mini's are awesome. I saw King Arthur and fell in love...

However, I think it might just be better to get Sir Gareth Bew Maynes. That one just seems to have the look I am after. A little work on the shield and I can even put Haelyn's symbol on it.

Thanx a lot guys!

While you are here, any ideas how to get paint off a mini? I was practicing on one tonite, and I am thoroughly disgusted with it. you guys know any good ways to get Acrylics off a mini once they have dried?

Tsyr

Explorer
If you are using something like Citadel Paints, they can just be flaked off with a stiff brush, I've found. As long as it's just a layer, and no varnish or anything.

If it's set for a long time, you can soak it in turpentine...

Re: Wow!

Tolen Mar said:
While you are here, any ideas how to get paint off a mini? I was practicing on one tonite, and I am thoroughly disgusted with it. you guys know any good ways to get Acrylics off a mini once they have dried?

Some people swear by brake fluid; other love Pine Sol.

I think both take several hours (if not a day or two). Also, gotta wear gloves when you work with Pine Sol - it's nasty on the hands. Don't know about brake fluid. After soaking, you strip off the paint with an old toothbrush (if it hasn't just slipped off by then). Then wash thoroughly, dry, and voila!

Re: Wow!

Tolen Mar said:
However, I think it might just be better to get Sir Gareth Bew Maynes. That one just seems to have the look I am after. A little work on the shield and I can even put Haelyn's symbol on it.

Nice figs - and you get the exact weapons you wanted. Post a picture when you get them all painted so we can revel in your Birthright awesomeness!

Remove ads