(ot) Toronto Get Together!

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
A friend of mine had a good suggestion. Has anyone ever been to Le Marche? (spelling?)

They are fairly flexable as far as food availiable goes. It's buffet style but they cook a lot of it for you to order.

It's also right down town :)

Thoughts?

Acmite

First Post
Bump action....sexy?

1. How did this get onto the FOURTH page?
  2. Edmonton (my home town) kicked Toronto's Butt! You can steal Cujo from us, but we'll still beat you! Sometimes.
  3. Anyone else have any ideas for places to eat?
  4. Has everyone who is interested chimed in? Once we know how many people will be coming, it will be easier to plan stuff.
  5. I like lists
    [/list=1]

Any other ideas? We don't have a lot of time left......

Acmite

First Post
Stuff to think about

Amrynn said:
anyway, this get together . . . so it's going to be somewhere near the eaton centre? we should make a few lists.

list who is going to the con

list who isn't, but wants to hang out

list who doesn't know yet

other lists may be needed to be made (dietary lists (ie. i don't like to eat sea monster), age lists (ie. too young to drink...) and other prefrences (not a big fan of smoke filled ore refineries) and so on)

I think we need to get this stuff ironed out earlier rather than later.
Ashtal's from Sudbury, so she might really push for the refinery locale, but I think we should avoid that. :)

I'm assuming we're talking about the Saturady (the 9th of Feb) as the meet date? I was hoping to go to the con during the day (at least for a while), so that would be easy for me.

The Con's located at Queen and York (essentially) so anywhere downtown should be easy enough. That weird bar/restaurant (transported from Europe) that Ashtal mentioned, where is that? The place must indeed be funky.

Anybody else?

Chroma

Explorer
When where and who?

Is this meeting going on for sure? If it's on the Saturday (9th) evening, I won't be able to make it, plans with the girlfriend... and while she *is* a gamer, I don't think she wants to share me that evening... *laugh* How long does the con run and would it be possible to do it on the Sunday? I *really* want to finally meet people from this place... *sigh*

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Sorry guys...

Didn't mean to not get around to posting - I'm not around much on the weekends and it's been actually busy at work the last little while. :)

Anywho...I still don't have a final schedule yet for the Con, but I plan on being there for the Masquerade and the Dance on Saturday night - though the real sticklers will be when and which writing panels they have. Friday night is probably better, as long I'm not too far from the Con.

I wish they would post the schedule. :(

Ashtal - not sure about the sticky part. :) I'm only a Mod! :D

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Friday is better for me too

As much fun as I'm sure the dance and masqu will be, Great Big Sea will be playing at 7:30 over in Nathan Philips Square :D :D :D :D :D

A new cd AND a concert... YAY

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
On a related note...

Did you guys here that Toronto is getting World Con next year??? World Con, the biggest Convention, like, EVER! Coming to Toronto!

I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to pass on GenCon this year and next. World Con is just one of those things you don't pass up on. :D

Ashtal

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
Someone had a great idea!

That people trying to meet up at Conventions could use their own place, and someone suggested that Gamers Seeking Gamers would be a good alternative.

This way, we don't have to hunt for it in the main Forum anymore. :)

SO, here we go!

*off to move a thread*

Last edited:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
Oh, hey, I like that! I've got this thread subscribed so I get a little note with a linke whenever it's posted to. It automatically updated to reflect the move to gamers seeking gamers :)

Yes, Toronto is getting the World Con, I'm sooooo happy, I've wanted to go to a worldcon for years and now one is coming to me :D

Anyone else want to make a suggestion for food?

Remove ads