• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Why is Anime so popular???

Sixchan

First Post
Oh, and CN contributed to making the show not-as-good-as-it-can-be (I can't use the word bad for DBZ). I'm not talking about the censors, I'm talking about when they stopped running the episodes and re-did the whole last Saga. They were showing 2 episodes a day, one of which was the day before's episode, making re-runs a silly idea. They were showing the entire week's episodes on Saturdays and Sundays, making re-runs a bad idea. Worse still, the thing is ten years old! How can re-runs be a good idea, when you don't need series breaks like for truly 'new' episodes? They could have shown them all one after the other!

WizarDru

Adventurer
Utrecht, I've already gone into a very long-winded discussion about the pros and cons of anime. A quick search will locate the thread, and you can read some very long posts that MIGHT explain the overall appeal to you.

I honestly think that no one's actually touched on most of anime's popularity or faults, mostly just focusing on DBZ, large boobs and the occasional Lolita problem. Which is essentially the same as saying that American television must not be that good, as the only show you've seen is "Riptide", "The A-Team" and a certain show about female lifeguards. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads