Otherworld Creations & Strike Force 7

Shawn Carman

Explorer
I just recently learned that Otherworld Creations was halting work on most of their products (as per the website), and I was wondering if anyone had picked up the Strike Force 7 project Hyrum had been working on? It looked like an interesting mix of Spycraft with G.I.Joe, and G.I.Joe can only improve anything it's mixed with. :)

So does anyone know if this project is dead or just hibernating?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
They halted work many months ago actually.

As for why? I'm taking them at their word posted back on August 30, 2004 that:
Due to the current state of the RPG industry, and lack of payment from various debtors, OWC is stopping production on all print items except for CHILL: Into the Unknown.

Goes on to say Chill will be out in 2005.

Regards,
Eric Anondson

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The rights to some of the projects have reverted back to the authors - so perhaps the Strike Force thingie will appear that way. I know Talien mentioned he got his Mercenaries: Born of Blood back and he updated it for d20 Modern (which should fix most of the complaints I had of it) and that it will be re-published by an unnamed PDF company. (Which I would guess is RPGObjects, since he's worked for them and the book fits their stuff, but I dunno)

I'm on the Chill email list, but there hasn't been any posts in a month or so. However, I think they are in the playtesting phase, and there is a separate list for testers. So that's not too unusual.

talien

Community Supporter
trancejeremy said:
The rights to some of the projects have reverted back to the authors - so perhaps the Strike Force thingie will appear that way. I know Talien mentioned he got his Mercenaries: Born of Blood back and he updated it for d20 Modern (which should fix most of the complaints I had of it) and that it will be re-published by an unnamed PDF company. (Which I would guess is RPGObjects, since he's worked for them and the book fits their stuff, but I dunno)
Hiya,

I'm pretty sure Strike Force is an in-house idea. I don't think there were any external authors working on it, although I'm not the authority on the subject. Therefore, it's technically still under OWC's banner whenever they get around to it (if ever).

The unnamed PDF company is not RPGObjects. It should be out soon though. :)

Remove ads